Chapter 14: The Creatures

One of the creatures came directly at me through the window. I pushed the button and out came the knives. I swing at it, it backs off. I push the button two more times and wait for it to come close enough to touch. I swing as hard as I can, which is harder than I thought possible, and I slice right through its neck, which kills it instantly. I go to where Arlo is fighting and it's taking him five hits to kill each creature, and it's on as sharp as it can be. I walk up behind the creature that's attacking him and sliced it through the neck also. It fell sideways towards two more creatures that just happened to appear. He takes one and again, I wait for it to get really close, and well, you know the rest. I killed Arlo's too. We went back inside and he took the blade from me and looked at it and looked back at me and said "you know, the knife is like an extention to your hand. It senses what you feel and acts based on that. I thought since you only have half the gene that it wouldn't work as well, so I gave you the knife with the sharpest blade. Now we know we can expect great things from you Jacqueline. Weather it be terrible or wonderful is up to you." And he left to take a shower. I washed my hands and my knife and finished eating. After he got out of the shower I got in and after that, straight off to bed I went.
I couldn't stop thinking a out how weird it was, I didn't even have my blade on the sharpest option. Arlo must have thought I had, but I only pushed the button three times. I wonder how sharp mine was compared to his?
I let the dreams carry me away, I thought for sure I'd have a nightmare. But if I did, I didn't remember.