Chapter 23: So It Begins

You know that feeling like everything is going great? No no no, like everything is so great, that something bad is just about to happen? Yeah. That's what I've been feeling for months.
Arlo and I currently live together in his house, we've been helping the Society understand things they couldn't for a while (like words, feelings, thoughts, ect.) and everything was going great. As great as a messed up Society can be after being fixed by a fourteen year old. Oh and I'm now fifteen. Ha. Guess age just gets away from me now and then. Well as for my actual mother, we think some creatures got her because we found her body in the woods few months ago. Of course I didn't care because she was just horrible anyway.
After the night I slept for twenty-four hours, I just woke up with a startle, I was breathing hard. We decided to get breakfast then after that, everything rushed back to me and I went the whole day crying my eyes out non stop. Arlo held me for as long as he could because people were confused and he had to take care of them. Bless his heart. I ended up crying myself to sleep too. The next day went better. I had to drink two glasses of water before getting out of bed because dehydration. But it's alright. Time to speak to the Society. I walked up to the speaker system that was everywhere and begain.
"Hello, everyone. I know it's been very confusing because you just learned a lot and you're trying to figure out how. I am Jacqueline Rose Dawson, and it was I who put that information there and whose fixed this Society. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me, Arlo, or any of the other people wondering about asking if you're alright. We're here to help you learn how to live without being controlled, like it was many many years ago. The Creatures are still out there, so I'd advise you to not go I to the woods, you will be killed and there is nothing I can do about it if you are so willing to walk into the woods thinking you can handle them. Even more so if you think you can handle them alone. They are dangerous and sometimes even the properly trained people in the Broken Society can not handle them alone. So please, be careful. And if you see one tell one of us who are helping you, and go home. Lock your doors and windows and stay in a well lit place. They love darkness, therefore, should not come out during the day, but they are evolving just as much as we are. Be safe, be kind, and be loved. Which means, to give love!"
I turned off the microphone and Arlo was giving me that look that says 'you're so brave' and just kissed me tenderly and lovingly. He knows I'm just putting on a show and really I'm just as much of a mess as everyone else is. We went down to eat and directed the people helping others to keep an eye out for geniuses who wonder into the woods alone, or in groups.
"Arlo?"
"Yeah honey?"
"How are you feeling? Because, I mean, I spent that whole day crying and you've done so much as bat an eye." He chuckled.
"Honestly, I know you need me to be strong right now and that even though my world is a mess too, I have you to help figure things out and that means everything to me. So why be sad when someone needs you to be happy? You're so cute." His southern accent getting stronger by the word.
I just walked up to him and hugged him. We just hugged for a while. He finally kissed my forehead and said
"Let's go meet some new people, shall we?" I smiled.
"Arlo, we need a cat."

⊙⊙⊙⊙

So, we got two cats. Both girls. One's name is Sir Nicholas, she is a black cat with a white spot on her neck. And the others name is Nevaeh (Heaven spelled backwords), she is a beautiful white with green eyes.
Arlo doesn't like cats.
But he loves me.
That's how these things work, right?
He loves me.