Chapter 6: The Capital

After everyone is asleep and in their houses, we travel to the capital of the society, which only took 5 minutes since the train went 200 miles an hour. Sometimes it makes me sick, but no one notices because the people aren't suppose to feel anything basically. So the time it took to get to the capital was the same amount of time as it took to get to my school from my house. Or was my mind messing with me? I don't know. A look of terror crossed Milisent's face, as we entered the first room, and her face turned white. Finally she said "Someone killed the president of the entire society! What are we going to do?!" And as she explained what this meant, I was slowly freaking out but remained calm. "Milisent, don't worry. I'll fix this. All of this. Please, calm down." And before I knew it, she fainted, just when I needed her most.
"Okay. Looks like I'm alone. Again." I said, to no one in particular, as I advance on in the capital building. It got grim and I saw more and more dead people. I started to feel sick to my stomach when I saw this person just casually walk through this door to the right and I jumped 5 feet into the air and fell on my bum. As I was catching my breath the guy was going on and on.
"Oh my! Did I scare you?! Funny thing. Haha. Uh let's see. I was walking the other day when all of a sudden I walked into this room on the far side of the capital and everyone looked at me and fainted. There must have been five people in there too!! It was so funny. And now I think it's odd that all these people are lying around with red spots everywhere. Don't seem to be conscious, either. I wonder when they'll wake up. Do you know what's going on, dear?"
And when I just kept looking at him with a puzzled look he quickly said "Oh my, where are my manners? I'm Arlo. I think I knew your mom? Milisent? Yeah! I know her! She's so sweet. Okay so sorry about scaring you sweetie. You're mom trusted me. One time I saw her crying and she just told me everything and her secret is safe with me. So you're safe with me. You. Oh would you stop looking at me like that!" It took me like five seconds to recover from that.
"Oh sorry. Yeah Milisent is my mother. She fainted from seeing the president dead in the first room. Do you work for the society, too? I'm scared kinda," and before I could get any more out "SO SHE WASN'T JOKING?!! YOU DO FEEL THINGS? That's amazing! The last time someone felt like that was before the society was formed. Oh my!" He was going on and on.
"Yeah, um Arlo? Please just tell me how to get to the control room? So I can fix this society!" And he just looked at me cross for five minutes.
"I work as a tech for this society. I can help you fix this place. It'll be okay sweet heart. I promise." And when he said that I just realized I was sitting on the floor, looking up at him. He had a Southern accent and wore jeans and a checkered shirt. With a ginger beard and ginger hair. Maybe I should get some sleep, that'd really help me right now. I'm so tired.