Chapter 19: More Buttons...

I got up at 9a.m.. Meant to get up at seven but I guess this is how the cookie crumbled. I see Arlo already picked out my outfit. He picked out the clothes that show the most skin. Well in all honesty, it's not much skin. It was black leggings that were for running and a black shirt that was long had long sleeves but felt like a light jacket that would go over a strapless dress. I love that shirt. It was also baggy at the top some. He forgot the undershirt so I just picked the best one that was for running but fancy so he wouldn't have a heart attack. After I changed, I brushed my hair and put it in a tight fancy bun. I'm not sure how though. I don't normally put my hair in buns, and it was quite successful. Strange.
Anyhow, we finally got to the place where you controlled everything in the entire society. I looked at everything I could possibly look at including underneath the desk full of buttons for another button but luckily there was nothing. Arlo looked at me funny as I went to the red buttons first.
"Wait!" He started "Do you know exactly what you're doing? Red buttons always mean something bad-" I cut him off impatiently.
"Look Arlo. I know what I'm doing. I'm perfectly capable to operate this as well as you are and if you keep interrupting me, the longer this will take, and the more people will be confused and scared. Who knows how many people's trust we've already lost. So please Arlo, be quite unless I ask something and for the love of God, make sure not to touch a thing!" And I went back to work. Where was I? Oh yeah, the red buttons.
  I took a deep breath in through my nose and out through my mouth and immediately regretted it. The air smelled so strongly of moist mold that seems to have been here for so long that I almost tasted it.... Well so much for that. I pushed the button on the red section furthest on the left and a red screen came up asking for a password. I went to the green section, fourth row up and third to the right I pushed the button, and nothing exploded so I was on the right track. Don't ask me how I know the password. It seems to be programmed into my head. Anyhow I continued and pushed a yellow button (which was the last section on the left-hand side, four sections from the blue section) on the seventh row from the bottom and eighth to the right from the wall. Then I went to the Orange section to the right of the red section and pushed the very top right corner button possible in Orange then the last button I pushed was purple and the same button I pushed in the red section only in the purple. So bottom left corner in the purple section. I pushed the bottom left red button again and I was in.
Man, this is so much more complicated than I thought.
Arlo let out a very long exasperated breath.
"Alright Arlo? I totally know what I'm doing. Take a seat. This might take a while. But please do relax? One of us needs to be calm and I have yet to calm myself when I'm dealing with this much anxiety." And at that Arlo passed out because none other than a creature came through the door. "Really Arlo? I mean I know I can take him but come on!"
And I walked up to the thing and punched him in the face. He stumbled backward a few feet, enough for me to be able to grab my knife and push the button three times, and I jumped on it slicing it's head off it's shoulders. I picked up its head and dangled it in front of Arlo for a few seconds and he came back to consciousness and puked in the trash can. He'll be fine. While I was doing that, a keybored popped up on screen and apparently it recorded me killing the creature, but that doesn't matter. The keyboard aloud me to type in commands to fix my Society through the Broken Society. Arlo finally stopped and took a seat before he could faint again. If he faints again, there will be no reviving him because the creature disappeared, as it's suppose to.
"Alright Arlo?"
"Yeah. Just freaked out I guess. I'm glad you're as awesome as you are or we'd be dead. I don't know anyone who would be able to do that like you can."
And at that, I went back to work.