#CHAPTER 1

Hi. My name is Charlie McKinley. I'm 17. I have brown eyes, dark short (like a guy) curly brown hair. I live in an orphanage and always have. My parents abandoned me in front of the orphanage's step. I don't know why. I don't know them. I was adopted four times but sent back one or two moths after, at 6 years old, 8, 10 and 12. They claimed that I was a freak or that I wasn't the one. Maybe it was because I'd dress up as girls or maybe it was because I used to be attracted to guys. I don't know. But I do know that people think it's wrong. And maybe it is. I don't know. But everyone I knew would call me names and say I was cursed. So I ended up berrying these thoughts inside and never have shown to people or myself that I was attracted to men. It was probably better like that.

Anyway, I was told that a family wanted to adopt a young man, they said it was to keep their son company. I didn't care. I was happy. Hell I was ecstatic. I had already packed my bags a week before.

"Charlie. A song before you leave!" Jade said. He was 7 years old. His sister, Judy of 7 years old too cheered. Jonathan laughed. He was 18. He was my best friend. And everyone started cheering. I sighed and sat on the stool. I took my guitar out of it's case. "I'll sing postcards by James Blunt." They smiled. My fingers touched the strings and they were already clapping hands. I chuckled. I took a deep breath before starting the chords on my guitar. "[...] I'm sending postcards from my heart,
With love for a postmark and then,
You'll know that you make me,
Feel like we've been caught.
Like kids in the school-yard again.
And I can't keep it to myself.
Can't spell it any better,
L-O-V-E forever.
I hope you know that I'm,
Sending a postcard,
I don't care who sees what I've said.
Or if the whole world knows what's in my head.
[...]
You know sometimes it's hard to see,
Or say the words that torture me,
But inside I know exactly how I feel.
The things that I can't say out loud,
I'll find a place to write it down.
I hope that they will find you in the end.

I'm sending postcards from my heart,
With love for a postmark and then,
You'll know that you make me,
Feel like we've been caught.
Like kids in the school-yard again.
And I can't keep it to myself.
Can't spell it any better:
L-O-V-E forever.
I hope you know that I'm,
Sending a postcard,
I don't care who sees what I've said.
Or if the whole world knows what's in my head. [...]" I finished. Everyone clapped but I especially heard clapping from behind me. I turned around and my eyes landed on a god. He looked perfect. I mean, he didn't look muscular at all and he was a bit small but I mean he looked like a god. His hips would curve perfectly. His bum was perfectly shaped. I shook those thoughts out of my head. "You're drooling." He whispered. My eyes widened. I wiped my mouth to realise he was joking. He chuckled. I glared at him. "Charlie. Your family is here." They all smiled at me. Damn! I had to live with that guy. I smiled. I was still thrilled. I got up and put the guitar down. I walked towards them to say hello. "Hi." I smiled putting my hand out to shake their hands. "Oh honey. Come and give us a hug." The woman said. She hugged me. I hugged her back. I hugged the father after. "Well Arthur. Come and say hello." His mother ordered him. He came closer to me and hugged me. My cheeks turned red. Since when do my cheeks turn red when I hug a guy?! I looked weak when I was the big one. He was practically two heads smaller than me and I was so much stronger than him. Hell, I could break him with only one finger. I could smell his cologne. He smelt nice. "You can let go now." He said. I cleared my throat. "Sorry." I let go. I looked away awkwardly. "I'll get my stuff." I walked to get my stuff. "You're not even saying goodbye?" Johnathan said. I chuckled. I walked towards him. We did our brotherly hand shake. He hugged me really tight. "I'm gonna miss you." I smiled. "Me too." I hugged the others. "Ready?" his mum asked. I nodded. I took my two suitcases and my guitar. "Let me help you." Arthur - I think - said. "No it's fine." He chuckled. I looked back at the orphanage. "I'll send you letters." I said waving. My new home was 4 hours away. As they opened the door, they all said "welcome home."