#CHAPTER 21

I woke up with Arthur in my arms. My arms were surrounding him and his head was leaning back on my shoulder. I don't know how we ended up like that but we did. I opened my eyes to see his parents weren't there anymore. I looked at my left to see them in the kitchen. They smiled as they saw me. I smiled and blushed. I smiled looking at Arthur's cute face. I remembered everything. From the first time I saw him to the accident. I sighed. I still didn't know why he had kissed Tom like that. "Arthur." I whispered in his ear. He whined. "Arthur." I said a bit louder. He smiled and whined. "Kiss me." My eyes widened. "Em... Arthur?" He opened his eyes slowly and blushed realising where he was. He got up. I got up afterwards. "Morning you two." His mum said. I waved. "Did you sleep well?" I nodded. Arthur nodded too, blushing. They chuckled. We walked upstairs to get dressed. After getting dressed, I knocked on Arthur's bedroom door. "Yes?" I opened it. He smiled a bit as he saw me. "You remember don't you?" He asked. I nodded and closed the door. "Why... Why did you kiss him? All this time... I feel so stupid to have not noticed you weren't in the least interested in me..." His eyes widened. "I am." I looked at him. He blushed. "I mean... I didn't go out with you for no reason. I like you. And I didn't kiss him willingly." He said. I glared at him. "And you put your arms around him unwillingly too?" He sighed and walked closer to me. "He said if I didn't do this he'd do something worse. I was... I was scared. I'm so small compared to him." He looked down. I sighed and put my hand on his left cheek. "I love you." I said. His mouth opened but nothing came out. I shushed him. "Don't answer." I kissed his lips. Gosh. It felt so good to feel his lips on mine again. "I never meant to upset you. If I wouldn't have, then you wouldn't have been in an accident." I smiled. "It's not your fault." He sighed. "I'm so sorry." His voice crackled. I looked at him. Was he going to cry? I bit my lower lip. "It's really not your fault." He nodded whipping his eyes. I hugged him, being careful I don't hurt my rib or arm. "They know don't they?" I asked. He shrugged. "Probably." I sighed and nodded. I smiled and walked downstairs. They smiled as they saw me. "Are you feeling better?" I nodded. "Yes thank you. I remember everything..." They smiled. "Good." I took some bread and jam. "You got us so worried." His father said. I smiled. "So what's the deal with you two anyway?" His mum asked. My eyes widened. "I... Deal?" She nodded. "Is there something you need to tell us?" His father asked. I shook my head. "Where were you the other night when you had come down in a tuxedo?" My eyes widened. "Prom dance rehearsal." He glared at me. "In a tuxedo?" I just looked at him. "Yep. But you know what? We should go. It was a nice talk though." I faked a smile and walked to the front door. "Arthur!" I yelled. He walked down with a frown on his face. I walked towards him and whispered in his ear "please don't say anything." He nodded. I sighed in relief and walked down the stairs. They both walked towards us. "Ok. So we have a theory." His mum started. "We think you're going out with each other." My eyes widened. I laughed nervously. "Wouldn't that be weird..." They glared at me. "We won't hurt you or send you back to the orphanage." I nodded. Arthur just left. I frowned. I waved at them and followed him straight away. "Arthur!" I yelled. He didn't answer. I ran towards him, even though it hurt like hell. "Arthur." I held him back. It turned around. "It's not fair! It's not fair. You don't want to tell anyone! I get bullied everyday and you get nothing! Are you embarrassed by me? Because I can't see what's wrong! I can't do this anymore!" He said angrily. I was to paralysed to say anything. The thing is, I was scared. I was just scared. And I just let him leave, saying "I don't want to be with you anymore." My heart stopped. I dragged myself to school.

I saw Arthur at his locker. As soon as he saw me, he turned away and left. I sighed. Why was this so hard? I caught him up. "Arthur." I said. He sighed and looked at me. "What?!" I sighed. "I'm sorry. But... I can't. Not now..." He left. I sighed. I had to do something. I walked behind him. I sat next to him in class. I knew he didn't want me to. "Arthur. Just give a month. Please." He shook his head. "Arthur." I whispered in his ear. "Stop it." I sighed. I needed him.