#CHAPTER 27

I woke up to an awful ringing in my ear. I whined. "Arthur! Turn that thing off!" I groaned. He didn't answer. I sighed and rolled over him to turn it off. He chuckled. I glared at him. I kissed his lips. "We should get up." He said. I nodded kissing him down his neck. "We should, shouldn't we?" I kissed him on the lips one more time before getting up. I jumped and yelled at the sight of his parents looking at us. I blushed. "What the f*** are you doing here?!" I'm lucky I had my boxers on. "We came to wake you up." I laughed mockingly. "Right. Well we're awake, thank you!" I said walking out of the room. Gosh I was annoyed. They didn't have the right to just come in like that. I mean, yeah. He's their son but still! They don't see me walking in their room when they're having sex or whatever. I got dressed and walked downstairs, to the kitchen. Arthur smiled at me. I smiled back. "Hey again." I kissed his cheek before his parents came down. "Sorry." He said. I smiled and caressed his cheek. "It's not your fault. Don't worry. It's already in the past." I pecked his lips before I took a bowl out and poured the milk and cereal in it. I started eating. His parents came down. They came towards us. "We're sorry." I nodded. "We're just worried." I sighed. "That doesn't give you the right to do so. He's 17. He's a big boy." I stated. She smiled. "Do you forgive us?" I nodded. "Of course I do. That's probably what parents do anyway. I haven't had any, so I wouldn't know." I smiled and put my things in the sink. They were all looking at me sadly. "Sorry. That wasn't suppose to be depressing. I'm glad you adopted me and I'm glad I was in the orphanage. You're all my family now and always have been." They smiled. "You should go to school or you'll be late." I nodded and walked upstairs to get ready. "What will Tom say?" Arthur asked. I looked at him. "He won't say anything, because if he does, I'll kick his ass." He chuckled. "Without getting yourself into trouble." I nodded.

"You'll have to sing a song for the end of the year. And so I decided what songs you are going to sing." The teacher said. She handed us papers and everything and continued talking about the matter in hand. At the end of the class, she called me over. I walked towards her. She smiled. "Charlie. If you'd like to sing one of your compositions, I'd be glad to put it in." I smiled and nodded. "I think I'll stick with Whitney Houston." She chuckled. "The song is beautiful and I like it." I said. She nodded. "Tell me if you change your mind." I nodded. "Thank you." I walked away to see Arthur waiting for me. "Did Tom give you any trouble?" I asked. He didn't answer. "Arthur." He nodded, a tear falling out. He's crying. He's crying! "Come." I took him into my class room again. "Sorry Miss. We'll be a minute." I looked at Arthur. "What did he say?" He started crying. "I'm so sorry." I hugged him. "Tell me." I whispered. "If I don't go with him you'll never find out who your parents are. He knows." I hugged him while he cried. "I don't care. You're all I need. Arthur. Don't cry. I don't care about my biological parents. They gave me up so they didn't want me. But I care about you." He nodded. "They're your family." I shook my head. "You and your parents are my family and the orphanage is my family." I kissed him. I whipped his tears away. "Arthur. Don't worry about him. He's not worth all the tears." I kissed him again. "Let's go and eat." He nodded. "Thank you." I told the teacher. I took his hand and left.

We walked back to the house and Tom hadn't given us any trouble. "So I was wondering if we could go on a date." I said. He smiled and nodded. "Really?" He laughed. "Don't be so shocked." I chuckled. "Never." We walked in. "So tomorrow evening." I said. He nodded. I grinned. "Kiss me before someone comes." I whispered. His lips pressed gently against mine. I closed my eyes and enjoyed every moment of it. "You're home." His mum said. He pulled away. "We're home." He said blushing. I chuckled. "Someone's here to see you." I frowned. "I'll go upstairs." Arthur said. "No. You're staying with me." I pulled him towards me. He smiled. We walked in the living room. A couple were there. I frowned. "Do I know you?" I asked. "You should sit down." The woman said. I sat down. I took Arthur with me. He blushed. I smiled at him. I loved it when he blushed. I looked back at them. "So, you wanted to say?" The guy sighed. "My name is Charles McKinley and my wife is Elizabeth McKinley." My heart stopped beating. "What did you just say?!" They smiled. "We're your mummy and daddy." The woman said. I shook my head. "That's not possible." I whispered. Arthur held my hand tightly. "You were named Charles McKinley." I just looked at them. "My name is Charlie. I lived in an orphanage for 17 years until now and this family. My family is them. My parents are them. Thank you for coming." I got up and left. Arthur followed me. I sat on my bed and tried to breath normally. "They will never be part of my family." Arthur hugged me. "Why do you hate them so much?" I didn't answer. And next thing I know, they are all in my room. "Charlie. Try to understand why they put you in adoption." Jeff said. I shook my head. "You left me on their door step in winter! I died because of you! At 6 years old, I died! They had to f****** change my heart because it was frozen! I will never understand why you'd do that." I walked away. I heard Arthur run after me. "Go to my room." I sighed and walked into his room. He closed the door. "You can cry." He said. I bursted into tears. He held me into his arms.