#CHAPTER 2

I walked in the house and put my stuff down. "Honey. Show Charlie his room please." Their house wasn't big. But it wasn't small either. I walked upstairs, my stuff in hand. "There's your room." He said opening the door. I smiled and nodded. It was the last one. It was big. I walked in. It was all ready for me. Right then I felt my heart warm up. No one ever cared for me like that. The others would make me sleep in the basement or on the sofa. I chuckled. "What are you laughing for?" He asked. "Huh? Oh nothing. It's perfect." I said. He laughed. I frowned. "This is way far from perfect." I smiled. I couldn't help but notice the way he'd laugh and smile. His smile was beautiful and his laugh... I came back to my reality and berried the thoughts back in. I couldn't think of this. My curse was coming back up. I couldn't let it. I'd die in hell if I did. "What are you thinking about?" I looked at him. "Nothing." I smiled. "I'll show you around." He said. I nodded. "This is the bathroom. Toilets. My parent's room. It's a bit messy. But that's mostly because of my dad. My mum's really tidy. And that's my room. It's tidy as well. I take it from my mum." I nodded. He walked in his room. I walked in with him. "So do you want to become like a musician or something?" He asked. "I don't know. I... I haven't had a lot inspiration about anything. Maybe. Maybe I'll just work in an orphanage or something." He nodded. "What is it like?" I chuckled. "It's home." He just looked at me. "Since when are you in an orphanage?" He asked. "All my life. I was adopted four times, at 6, 8, 10, and 12." He laughed. "What happened?" I shrugged. "I was sent back one or two moths later." He nodded. "Why?" I sighed. "Because I was cursed. I was the devil. I had to die in hell. I was disgusting." I took a deep breath and smiled. "But I'm here now. And hopefully, I'll stay." He chuckled. "Why did they call you that?" I sighed. "I don't actually want to talk about it because whatever they wanted me to berry inside is growing bigger." He just stared at me. "It smells like my mum's finished cooking." I nodded and we walked downstairs. "Arthur. Come and set the tables." His mum said. I walked with him. "Oh honey. You just sit at the table." I chuckled. "I can help. I don't mind." She smiled. He gave me the plates. I put them on the table. He put the cutlery and I put the glasses. I sat in front of him. "So Charlie what do you want to do in life?" Mr Mclee said. "Well... I don't exactly know. I like music and like looking after orphanages." He smiled. "Well for what it's worth, you'd make a great singer." His mum said. "Thank you." We continued eating in silence. Their food was actually really nice. "Well I don't think Arthur told you we had a working out room here." I shook my head. "Well if you want to work out, be our guest." I smiled.

"So not all your classes are with Arthur but I'm sure you'll find some friends fast enough." I chuckled and nodded. "Thank you." They smiled. "Well you should go to bed." I nodded and got up. "I can do the dishes if you want to." I suggested. "No it's fine. You go upstairs with Arthur. Thank you." I nodded and left. "I'll have my shower first. It'll give you some time to unpack your stuff." I nodded and smiled. I walked in my bedroom and unpacked the stuff. After an hour, I decided to have my shower. I took a towel they had given me and walked in the bathroom. I turned the water on. As soon as the hot water hit my skin, I felt so relaxed and good. There's nothing better than going to bed having a nice warm shower before. I sighed and walked out. I wrapped the towel around my waist and brushed my teeth. I was just about to leave when the door opened. I forgot to lock the door. Thank god it was Arthur. When he did see me, he just stared at my chest his eyes wide open. "Arthur?" A tint of red flush through his cheeks as he heard me. "Hmm... Sorry. I'll... Go." I smiled. "It's fine. I was just leaving." He nodded. I walked out of the room and got dressed. I was just about to fall asleep when I realised I didn't know what time to wake up. I put some bottoms on, as I sleep only in boxers, and walked to his room. I knocked on the door. "Come in." I walked in. "What time do I need to wake up?" He didn't answer. I frowned. Was he checking me out? Wait... No. Cause then he'd be the devil too. I sighed. He wasn't checking me out. "I wake up at 6.30am but I take more time to get dressed so about 7am." I nodded and smiled. "Thank you." He smiled back. I closed the door and went back to my room. As soon as my head hit the pillow, I fell asleep.