Chapter 22

To me that kiss was repulsing, it showed me how much I love and miss Hunter. I quickly pushed Nick away, as I wiped my mouth.

"That bad huh?" Nick asked with the tone of rejection now taking over his voice.

"No, it's just that I have a boyfriend. And I'm madly in love with him." I confessed.

"You what? You h- have a boy- b- boyfriend?" Nick stuttered in utter surprise. "Why did you never tell me this?" He asked now sounding hurt. His rich, short dark brown hair began to sway in the evening breeze. The sun was just beginning to set, rays of golden light reflected off the golden sand on Nick's rock hard abs. Looking closely I noticed that those weren't drops of ocean water, but instead were tiny tears falling from his face.

"I-I never told you because of who my boyfriend is." I finally replied after a sort pause of silence.

I could hear the back and forth crashing of the powerful ocean as Nick thought of what he was going to say next.

"Ok well who is he?" He questioned as he bit down hard on his jaw flexing it.

"You know how I've been gone for the past year?"

"Yeah, you said you had to take care of some unfinished business."

"I did. I went to Nashville. To find an old friend who I hadn't talked to in years. Well that friend had an accident and had to go to the hospital. Anyways, he had a coma and when he finally came out of it almost three and a half months ago. We began dating, again. The name of my boyfriend is Hunter Hayes."

"Hunter Hayes as in the "I Want Crazy" singing country singer who is super famous and has won tons of awards. The Hunter Hayes who played every instrument on his first album, sang everything, and wrote or co-wrote everything?" He questioned.

"Yes. That would be him. And man you know a lot about him!" I replied.

"Hahaha yeah he's my favorite country singer. Seems like a pretty cool guy. "

"Yeah, he is." I say with a half smile.

"So you really love him huh?"

"More than anything in the whole world. He's everything I've ever wanted and he's just the greatest thing that has ever happened to me." I confessed now realizing how much I sound like Nick when he was talking about me.

"Ok well can I at least walk to your car make sure you get there safely?"

"Of course. And I really don't want this to come between us, but if it does I understand. I just want you to know you will always be my best friend." I told him with a smirk.

We made our way back to my car where he then gave me a hug goodnight and was on his way.

My house is only a five minute drive away from the beach here, but first I need to run to the market for some guava juice and bread. I revved the engine of my candy apple red jeep and made my way downtown.