Chapter 40

{After dinner}
Ariana's POV
I searched around for Hunter for about twenty minutes until finally I found him in his old room playing his guitar.
"Hey babe." I said as I knocked on the door coming in.
"Oh hey. I just had to get away from it all for a minute."
"You don't have to explain to me. I get it, it gets overwhelming at times. I was looking for you because I have something I want to give you."
"What? Why? It's not my birthday."
"Hunter! Yes it is!" I exclaimed.
"Why do you think everyone is here?"I continued.
"Because I haven't been back home for five years." He said in shock that he forgot his own birthday.
"No Hunt, everyone is here because it's your 28th birthday! Plus you haven't been home in five years so they wanted to see you."
"So I was right."
"Only half right." I smirked.
"You're coming with me." I said as I dragged him out to his parents who were waving goodnight to the last guests.
"He forgot it was his birthday." I informed his parents.
"What?" They asked astonished.
"Happy Birthday!" The three of us shouted to him.
Hunter's POV
"Now Hunter your Father and I have waited long enough to give you this." My Mother said as she elbowed by Dad to go on.
"We waited until the time was right, until we knew you were truly ready for this kind of commitment." My Father continues. He takes my hand wrapping it around his, carefully he slips a small metal object in the palm of my hand as he wraps my figures around it. Unwrapping my figures revealing the small object I find to be a single key.
"What's it go to?" I question.
"That's the mystery." My Mother says as she hands me a piece of paper which looks like a map.
"A scavenger hunt?" I question once more.
"In a way, yes." My Father answers.
"When you choose to see the good in others, you end up finding the good in yourself." My Mother says.
"Think about that and I know you will find the soul purpose behind that key." She continues.