6

WARNING:

i dont think there is anything humorous in this chapter :( but i promise there will be soon, but for now sh!ts getting serious and business is about to go down. lol hahahaha but i hope this is ok. if not :( ill work my hardest on my next chapter and make it 20 pages long to make up for my terriblness... if it helps :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the past week I spent it moping around the house and locking myself up in my room, I didn’t even have the energy to fight with Evan. It was like I was returning back to my old self and I knew I couldn’t be like that again, I needed to get some normality back into my life before it’s too late and I get sent away again.

I trudged down the stairs and into the kitchen inhaling deeply as the smell of pancakes wafted through the air, “I see someone is awake” my mother’s soft voice mused with amusement. I gave a soft smile as she glanced at me briefly before returning to make the pancakes.

For two days after the incident she fretted over me, making sure everything was ok and that I wasn’t going to do something stupid like last time. But after two days she got the idea that I wanted to be left alone and ignored to be left to get over things by myself.

I stood in the middle of the kitchen hesitating at the table that had a plate full of pancakes and then glancing over to mom to see if she needed any help. Scrunching my face I debated whether to help her or stuff my face with pancakes before anyone else has the chance to eat any. Sighing I knew better then to be selfish, I walked over to mom and helped her with the pancakes, grabbing the ingredients as she ordered me to make more mixture.

The comfortable silence me and mom worked in was soon interrupted by the soft bickering that was gradually getting louder as Evan and his father approached the kitchen speaking heatedly at one another.

“I think you should start changing your attitude”

“I think you should shut your face”

“Yep, nice one Evan, good comeback”

I heard a annoyed grunt before both men turned the corner walking into the kitchen, Evan’s father a few paces in front of Evan with a smug look that was no doubt passed down to Evan and Evan, well the usual, void of any emotion other than annoyance.

I gave a small laugh, looking at Evan who had a stupid look on his face as he stood in the middle of the door way looking hesitant but his eyes were glued to the window on the opposite side on the kitchen.

His eyes shot straight at me as if he felt someone staring at him. Our eyes locked, instantly his annoyance disappeared and an unknown emotion swept across his face, but as quick as it came it disappeared and anger took over.

“What are you looking at, maggot”

I glared at him but didn’t fuel the fire and turned to continue making the mixture.

“Evan, for the life of me, would you just shut up,” Blake, Evan’s dad grumbled walking past me to mom, most likely to kiss her, but I didn’t want to turn around to confirm my assumption. So instead I continued adding the ingredients to the bowl that looked odd and out of place compared to the mess made on the island bench, I smiled the bowl was like me, out of place compared to its surroundings, thin and clear as if trying to be invisible but was hard to miss as if came in use for many things such as beating.

I scrunched my face, what am I on about? I shook my head and grabbed the whisk, mixing the ingredients together until it became a consistent, thick mixture.

“Ashley?” I turned to look at my mother. Blake was standing behind her his arms wrapped around her stomach in a protective manor. I looked up at, my mom my eyebrow raised in questioning.