9

I woke with a start, my body trembling from my bad dream but just like I was told I shut out any thought about it and got up from bed walking over to the shower to wash away everything that has happened in the past week.

Once I was all dressed and my bag was ready I walked down stairs and made a quick breakfast, only mumbling a quiet good morning to my mom and Blake and nothing more that will support a conversation.

I was sitting on the couch watching the last three minutes of sponge bob before I left to school when I heard the heavy footsteps from Evan rushing down the stairs and into the kitchen to find something to quickly eat before we both had to leave.

The credits rolled for sponge bob and I picked myself up and walked into the kitchen and saying good bye before walking out of the house and into the fresh morning, making my way to school at a snail pace. I walked a little before realising I had earphones; quickly I pulled my earphones and phone out from the pocket of my black skin tight jeans and put my music on. I walked faster to the pace of the song with the music up so loud that I didn’t hear anything, not even Evan running behind me yelling my name.

Suddenly my body was pulled backwards and held tightly against Evan’s chest. I could feel his chest rising and falling as if he had run a marathon. I pulled my earphones out and looked at him, ready to start yelling but before I could the horn of a car cut me off. My eyes shot in front of me to see a car full of the schools cheerleaders speed by giving a look of disgust.

I gulped and looked down to see my feet were standing on the very edge of the curb to a busy road.

“if I didn’t grab you…” his voice trailed off and I felt his head rest on my shoulder,” I wouldn’t want to think what would have happened,” he breathed, his hot breath fanning my neck.

I shrugged my shoulder in attempt to shake his head off,” yeah I would’ve gotten run over but I didn’t and your head is gonna break my shoulder, it ways as much as a bloody boulder,” I grumbled, pulling myself out of his hold and continued walking.

I heard Evan huff but he followed behind me anyway.

We made it to school without a single word ushered since we had crossed the road, but then again I wasn’t expecting us to talk anyway. I walked through the school and watched as Evan hesitated before deciding to walk off to his friends who were calling him.

My body relaxed knowing he wasn’t near me anymore and I trudged over to my locker keeping my head down. Everything was the usual up until I opened my locker and a single piece of paper fell out and fluttered to the floor. Looking around me to see if anyone was looking I quickly bent down and picked it up, not bothering to read it but instead shoved it in my pocket.

I grabbed my books and made it to home room just as the bell went. I made my way to the back of the room and took a seat in the furthest corner from the door, where I always sit. The teacher came in the room and started marking the role once she had called my name I gave up listening and let my head rest in my arms. I couldn’t wait for lunch where I could be alone to have a peaceful lunch.

My classes went by like time had stopped. I grabbed my lunch from the cafeteria and made my way outside to behind the bleachers.

“Hey,” I looked up in shock to the source of the voice, usually this place is empty and the only reason it wouldn’t be is if there were two getting down and needed a place they wouldn’t be interrupted.

I looked up at the person before me,” Sebastian?” he nodded at me and gave a small smile, but I knew it was forced, it didn’t even reach his eyes,” what’s wrong?”

He cocked his head at me furrowing his brows as if to look confused but I could see in his eyes the panic that was rising, it was the same look my father had given me when I asked what was going on and he had tried to play it off as if he knew nothing of what I was talking about. I shook my head; these thoughts are meant to be gone.