Can't Sleep Either?

Thomas completely calms me down before pecking my lips and leaving my room. I change into my pajamas and after a second, I hear Alby yell lights out. I climb into my bed and pull the blankets to my chin. But, I'm wide awake. I pull on shorts and put a bra on under my t-shirt before lighting a small candle and going outside. I walk around the glade, hoping to become tired. I sneak by where most of the cots and hammocks are.

"Syd?" I hear. I turn my head to see Thomas. "Can't sleep either?' He asks, while I walk over to him.

"Nope," I whisper, as he climbs out of his hammock and meeting me halfway.

"M-Mind if I help you?" he whispers. I could tell his face went red just by the candle light. I smile and grab his hand, pulling him back to my room. I close the door behind us before pulling off my bra and shorts. I turn around to see Thomas staring. I smile. I look at his outfit - a white tank top, and jeans.

"You sleep in jeans?" I ask.

"I don't have any other pants," I smile.

"I'll be right back," I say. I run down the hall and sneak into Newt's room, grabbing a pair of sweats out of his dresser. I sneak back out and go back into my room, handing them to Thomas. He smiles, and then looks around the room for a second. I nod toward the bathroom door.

"You can change in there," I say.

"Thanks," he says. He walks into the bathroom, and comes out a second later with the sweats on, and the jeans in his hands. He lays them on my dresser. I climb back into my bed, Thomas following my actions. I cuddle against him, nuzzling my face into his chest. I wrap my arms around him as he wraps his around me. He kisses my forehead.

"Goodnight, Thomas," I whisper.

"Goodnight, Syd," he whispers back. And with that, I drift off to sleep.

<> <> <>

*Newt's POV*

Morning comes, and I wake up to the sun shining in my room. I get up and get dressed before going outside to start work. Once Frypan has breakfast cooked, I go to wake Sydney. I slowly open her door.

"Syd?" I call, slowly walking in. What I see surprises me - a little bit. Tommy and Syd sleeping together. I decide to let them sleep. I back out of the room and close the door behind me. I smile to myself as I go get myself breakfast. I tell Frypan to save some for Tommy and Syd. He agrees, and sets theirs aside. I take my breakfast to the main table, and sit next to Minho and Alby. We start eating and talking about how they were both going into the maze today. When the doors start to open, the run to go in the maze. I decide Syd and Tommy have had long enough to sleep. I walk back into her - or possibly their room. I lay my hand on her shoulder, and gently shake her.

"Syd," I whisper. She groans a bit, but just cuddles closer to Thomas.

"Syd. Come on, get up," I say. Her eyes slowly flutter open.

"Hm?" She hums. She places her hand on Tommy's chest, and gently wakes him. He slowly opens his eyes, and jumps about two feet when he sees me.

"Newt!" He says. Syd turns around to see me, pulling the quilt tighter.

"Newt. H-How long have you been in here?" She asks.

"I just came in to wake you, Syd. So, this gonna be a permanent thing now?" She looks to Thomas. He smiles.

"Yeah, probably," She whispers, closing her eyes again.

"Syd. Get up, both of you. You got work to do. Alby and the runners already left,"