Reasons not to mess with a Princess

Sometimes I wonder why the kingdom isn't more normal. The princesses across the sea don't have nearly as much trouble as the ones in Calaydril. Between Dragon attacks, traitor knights and that crazy princess Anna, I don't understand how they make it through. Not to mention the island. Oh well. I'm getting ahead of myself.

This is the story of how two completely different worlds got switched around along with two different people. Who also can be classified as the same person. Why is this relevant? All in good time.

* * * *

Elise:

It all started on a typical day at the palace. Emerald (my older sister) was practicing her weaponry, Amelia (my second oldest sister) was off on Sapphire her Dragon (and yes, we do have dragons) and Anna and I were in Anna's room being bored. Running a kingdom isn't easy. Especially when you don't have a king and queen, just four princesses. To clear things up, it gets boring pretty fast. Sure there are battles and disputes and trials but then the kingdom goes through a long respite, normally in summer where NOTHING interesting happens. That's where we were now.

In Anna's room I sat on her bed, gazing at the shiny pink walls covered with throwing knives and all of her various "trophies". In a way the two sort of cancelled out. Sort of the way Anna did herself, beautiful with a sweet smile but yet deadly, cunning, and terrifying. We all love her.

"Or maybe," Anna was saying. "We could go find Alexander and-"

"Anna," I said, holding up a hand. "For your own good, and for the sake of the floors good, please do not finish that sentence."

Anna let out an annoyed sigh. "I don't care about the floor," she said stubbornly. "It's probably waaaaay used to foul things on it by now..."

I winced. The very sight of blood either made me loose my lunch or loose my consciousness. And Anna knew it.

"I do kind of feel like yelling at Alexander...." I began, But Anna was already jumping up.

"Come on Elise lets goooooooo!!!!" She cried dragging me with her. "We've got a gnome to find!!"

******************

Let's just say that we don't like Alexander. There was this huge battle between us when he tried to kill our dragons and we've been after him ever since. Sometimes I try to keep the peace. Other times I'm the one screaming at him. Either way he drives us crazy. He's slightly short, with an annoying creepy smile, and a weird way of pointing things out. Anna and I found him in the courtyard on a bench. Waiting. I thought that was strange, but this is Alexander here, so I didn't comment.

Anna gets the murder light in her eyes. By that I do not exaggerate, her blue eyes literally get lighter.

"Alexander," Anna says coldly, sporting a terrifying smile.

"Princess." Comes the similar reply and stare down.

Anna is a firm believer of the death stare; you break away you die. However when Alexander drops his gaze I hold Anna back. I had seen him slip something into his pocket that made me nervous.

"What did you just put in your pocket?" I ask him.

Alexander pales slightly, confirming my suspicions.

"Nothing you have to worry about, your majesty." He says coldly. "You have already made my every day as difficult as possible."

Here I can feel the heat rising to my face. He hadn't spoken to me this way in a long time, telling me something was wrong.

"Alexander-"

"It's nothing, Kate!" He cries and with that storms off.

I turn to Anna raising an eyebrow.