Chapter 1 [Harmony]

A splash of cold ice water hit my face. Melody! That annoying, little devil. Even though she wake 5:00 in the morning, doesn't mean I have to. I opened my to see the black haired, brown skinned brat. Her dark, almost black eyes hovered above me. I sat up in my white bed with rose pink circles, drenched in water. Why the heck was she on my half of the room? That prankster.

"Melody, why?!" I shouted, "C'mon, I was getting to the good part of my dream!"

"Well, you shouldn't sleep until 6:20 on a school day." I jumped out of bed.

"What?! It's 6:20?! Well, you had the 100% right to do that. Now, get out of my way so I can get ready. Please."

"You are right. I did have a right to do that, and it's fun."

"Next time, I'm gonna pour water over your head"

"But, I wake up before you, and Dad, and Dean." I completely forgot about Dean. He was probably at football practice

"Well, I'm gonna have to turn on an alarm and put headphones in, so that way I can do my prank. Whenever that might be." She replied

"So what are you wearing?" I looked over to my closet

"Hmm. I can't decided on whether or not I should wear this pink shirt or this yellow one. UGH! They're both such nice colors!" I pulled out the pink one, which had a flower blossoming on it and put in front of me and showed my twin.

"What'cha think" She nodded

"For you, that is perfect

"Let me guess, you're wearing something black and blue? Is it that one shirt that says, 'I'm so devilish'?"

"Do you know me? Of course, but also my favorite hoodie, like always."

"Oh shoot!" I just remembered something, "Where's my necklace?!"

"You don't keep it on while you sleep? I keep my anklet on."

We both have charms that had something that represents us. Melody has a blue eighth note on a black chain, cause' she goes so fast, you can barely keep up. While mine is a pink bass clef on a white chain, our mother expected me to be deep, she was right. She keeps it on her leg so people can't see it. She hates jewelry, but keeps it on since, our mom gave it to us. I keep mine tucked under my shirt, most times because I'm not really adjusting it.

"A necklace rusts when you sleep with it on. Your anklet doesn't. Lucky."

"Suck for you. Dad is probably waiting for us down stairs. Let's hurry." I nodded. Melody can be a brat, but she still can be responsible, at times, barely. Though, she is very responsible about school, gaming, music and the sports she plays. Me, on the hand am responsible for a lot of things. I like sports, I don't mind P.E., but I am not on any teams. I'm more of a journalist and artist. Melody sketches, but doesn't let anyone see them. Most times I like to make an annoying whistle to bother Melody in class. I swear, it gets on her nerve so much in orchestra!

We are in every, single, class together. We both try and keep up our grades and do extracurricular activities, but we get in trouble when working together, for fighting. We have very different ideas. Like our rooms for example.

My half of the room is painted yellow with designs of flowers, teapots and butterflies, in pink, along the walls. My bed is both a desk and a bed. I could transform it into a desk anytime I wanted to. I don't know why, but things that can change within an instant, like a robot turning into a car, really inspired me. There was wooden board connected to it so I could write and pencil holders on the sides of the bed. My closet is a sliding door. I also have a small wall bookcase over my bed. I can clearly state my room is more organized than Melody's. Though her's was pretty clean.

Her half was painted blue with a single thick black stripe right through a little under the middle. Her bed was high on a platform with a step up to it. Her desk was off to the side of the room. It was a black ebony desk with multiple compartments. Her desk is pretty organized. Sometimes for certain things she has OCD, like her desk. She has multiple colored pencils and papers; staff paper, loose leaf paper, computer paper, and most of all sketch paper. She also has a blue laptop, which has a great processor, RAM, and 32GB. It also was touchscreen. She had a blue wireless mouse. I had the same computer and mouse except in pink. Her closet was the exact same as mine. She also had a ginormous bookcase by her bed. She is a giant book worm.

I continued to get ready and packed all my school supplies. This was going to be the best year of high school. It was our senior year. I pulled my pink and white bag over both of my shoulders and saw Melody put on her black and blue messenger bag.

We both always have a race to see who can get downstairs first. Normally it's Melody, but she had to wake me up for school so she didn't go downstairs yet. We both glared at each other and raced to the door. Melody got there first and ran to the stairs, but tripped over her own feet, when she is not in a sport or in something important, she is as uncoordinated as a giraffe in skates. I continued down the stairs and won for once. I waited for Melody to come down the stairs, but she was not as energetic as usual. She pouted and yelled at me

"For once, the older child wins. I wanted to continue my streak." I laughed at her comment.

"Too bad, the older sister rules!" She pouted even more

"You are only older by 6 minutes and 45 seconds. I'm just glad we are fraternal twins." I was hurt by this comment. I think we both look great

I have very dark brown hair, that looks black, same as Melody. People think it is black. We both have brown eyes, but Mel's were darker, they looked black. She had darker brown skin, while I have pale brown skin. Her hair was long and straight, and mine is long and very wavy. I have bangs, she doesn't. I'm taller than her. She and I both have glasses, but I have much better vision. Most people think we are just friends. No. we are twins.

I started patting her shoulder, but she hates that and high fives. No idea why. We walked into the kitchen and saw Dad toasting bread and putting butter in them. Melody ran to the to the plate and grabbed a piece

"Look at the time, it's 6:40 already, we need to go!" I grabbed a piece of bread and started for school.