Chapter 7 [Harmony]

ACT NOTE

HEY WEIRDOS! OOWAY! So, this is just saying something about the lullaby, in the book. Turns out that Coora's sister sang the lullaby. Yes, and Atza here is just giving her credit for the song. So, see you guys later! Peace! <3  

I felt melody push me, I opened my eyes. Melody moved out of the way and grabbed her bag

"Get ready." She ran down the stairs. She can never stay still. I got ready and ran down stairs. It was friday, which means tomorrow was the dance. Yes! Hmm, I wonder if I should put on some light makeup. Nah, I'll just keep my mask on.

We went downstairs, and Dad was drinking his normal herbal tea. I gave him a kiss on his cheek and made myself some mango tea and Melody some normal tea. I put in two scoops of sugar, for her, and added some grape juice drops into mine. Hey, grape drops in mango taste pretty good, okay?

As I was putting my glass away, my phone began to ring. I looked and saw it was Angel. I answered it.

"Hey, Angel!" I said, "Something up?"

"Nothing," she said, "I'm just wondering what you're wondering about."

"I'm just finishing breakfast."

"Are you thinking about Sage?" I felt my face heat up.

"W-w-what? No! I don't even think of him that way." That was sort of a lie, but the truth at the same time.

"Mmmhhhmmmm! Sure you are. For some reason, I feel like Mel's gonna get her first kiss before you do."

"Angel!" I warned, "I don't like Sage." I glanced towards Melody, and she had a huge smirk on her face. I gave her my "shut up" face and continued the conversation.

"I'm just saying, you never know."

"Well, I know that I don't care for love right now. So what, if Mel does get her first kiss before me? As long as she's happy, I'm fine." Angel giggled.

"That's sweet, Harmony," she replied, "Anyways, gotta go. See you two at school!"

"Bye Angel." The call ended and I put my phone in my backpack pocket. I looked to Mel, and she was putting her glass in the sink. She looked to me and smiled.

"I think you're gonna be jealous of me, when I get the kiss first," she said.

"Like you care!" I stammered, "You think love is weird, in the bad way."

"BECAUSE IT IS!"

"Whatever. All I'm saying is that I don't care."

"What's this about romance?" Dean said. We both looked to him and glared. He raised his hands, in surrender.

"The twin glare strikes again," he teased. I rolled my eyes at him and packed my things to go.

Well, that morning went oddly.

-|-Time Skip-|

Music class, and no one was there. Perfect! Now I can practice my xiao. I sat on one of the stools, and I was playing a lullabye only I knew. Mom used to sing it to me, all the time, when Mel was already asleep.

One day

One night,

So bright

So shine,

Brighter.

Shine brighter than the stars