Suspicious Niall- Chapter 10

CHAPTER 10

                I grasped my chest in shock. I thought they had all left to wake everyone else up. I stared at Niall sputtering. “Um…well…uh…I…um…sometimes… you…know.” Crap I had nothing. “I’m…not.”

                His expression turned worried. “Seriously Sasha what’s going on? You can tell me. I know we haven’t know each other that long, but were friends right?”

                ‘This is actually the first time I remember meeting you.’ I thought to myself. This was a cruel joke the universe was playing on me. “Yeah were…um… friends.” I turned back towards the pot. Maybe if I wasn’t facing him it would be easier to talk. I started to get plates out of the cabinets and silverware. “I do know you guys. You’re Niall Horan. See I know you.” I chuckled nervously. He started to reply, but everyone started pouring into the kitchen where we were setting the table.

                Niall came over to me and whispered “This isn’t over. We are talking later.” He went over to his seat and gave me a knowing look. When Harry entered the room he rushed over to me.

                “Sasha.” He grabbed me in a hug. I wanted to freak out, but I looked over his shoulder and saw Elizabeth and Maggie telling me to calm down and to hug him back while Kirsten just laughed. I took a deep breath and awkwardly hugged him back trying my hardest not to freak out. I looked at Niall who was still giving me that knowing look. He was studying me and I knew he had seen the way I was having trouble controlling myself while hugging Harry. Harry pulled me slightly away from him and held my gaze. “Are you ok?”

                “Yeah I’m…uh…fine. Let’s eat?” I said breathlessly. Harry Styles is hugging me. Harry Styles is hugging me. That was all that was running through my mind and his arms wrapped around my waist held me in place. He leaned in for a kiss. It caught me off guard and I stared at his face my eyes bulging out of my head and my body stiff. I looked at everyone else. No one was paying me and Harry any attention except Niall who still had his focus on me. Maggie was standing in the doorway telling me to calm down still. To make it seem like everything was fine I closed my eyes and started to kiss Harry back. He pulled away quickly sensing my forced and unnatural kiss.

 I could feel my heart beating at an inhuman pace as Zayn said, "Can we eat?” Thankfully giving me an excuse to pull myself away from Harry who was still looking at me weird after my horrible attempt at a 'normal kiss.'

              I touched my hand to my lips. “You guys go ahead. I need to talk to Maggie.” I grabbed her hand and pulled her away. The other two girls gave me a knowing look trying to hold back thier laughs.

                “Where are you guys going?” Liam asked.

                “Uh…um…to get ICE. Yes ice we need ice for the drinks right yeah.” I ran out of the room Maggie right behind me. As soon as we were out in the hallway. I pulled her in for a hug. “I JJJUST KISSED HARRY STYLES!! DID YOU SEE IT!! I KISSED HARRY STYLES AND I JUST MET HIM!” I whisper yelled at her. I was about to continue when the door opened to a very suspicious Niall.

                “Hey babe. What’s up.” Maggie said looping her arm with his as if nothing weird was happening.

                “I came to get you because we don’t need ice we have it.” Niall said looking at me.

                “Yeah we just realized that. We were laughing at how stupid I am sometimes.” I said looking at my toes.

                “There is something going on and I want to know.” Niall said worriedly.

                “Nothings going on. Come on lets eat. Im so hungry.” Maggie said tugging his hand and pulling him back into the room. She looked at me over her shoulder as if to say ‘that was close.’ I nodded and all three of us made our way back to the kitchen.

I saw two seats open and then one seat by Harry open. I was guessing that the seat by Harry was for me and the two open ones were for Niall and Maggie, but I pulled Maggie’s hand and sat her beside me in the two seats by each other. Harry and Niall looked at us questioningly and slightly upset as Niall sat beside Harry. I just looked down at my plate and ate my food quietly.

Everyone around me was talking and laughing. The boys were funny, but I was still a litte shaken up from the kiss Harry and I shared and almost being found out by Niall. The few times I did look up from my plate of food that I barely touched I would look straight into the eyes of Niall or Harry.

I would quickly turn my attention back to my plate. I obviously loved the shape of pasta I picked out. Little bows…like the bow ties Harry used to wear all the time. When dinner finished we all moved over to the TV area. I was again sat by Maggie much to Niall and Harry’s distaste. We were watching Step Brothers on the TV and during the first commercial Niall stood and walked over to me.

                “Sasha come on a walk with me.” He said so only I could hear.

                “But the movie.”

                “Come with me.” This time he was much more serious. It was actually scary because Niall is always so happy and laughing and suddenly he had a serious face and it worried me. I didn’t want to anger him so I reluctantly got up and started out the room with him.

                “Just let me grab a sweater.”

                “I’ll be waiting in the hallway.” I watched him go and got Maggie to come with me to my room.

                “Niall is making me go on a walk with him. He knows that something is going on. Should I just tell him?”

                “Unless you can think of some way to avoid it then try, but you know you won’t.”

                “Great. This is the night that my trip turns into a pity party held by One Direction for me.” I said with mock sarcastic happiness. I made my way into the hallway. Each step shorter and slower than the last one I took. I sighed when I reached the door and pulled it open.