Chapter 4: After concert surprise

The memories were still as vivid as if she was watching the concert go on all over again. She couldn't get over all the sensations she had discovered merely minutes ago. They were so beautiful that it pained Elina not being able to have suffered them much earlier. It felt like she had been cheated. She couldn't wait to get home to tell her father, and rub it on all her friends' faces. Especially Lucy. She had to ask Tommy what he thought of the show. Rock music wasn't Tommy's favorite, but he was patient with it for Elina's sake (just as she was patient with his favorite genre of music). However, Tommy had shown the signs of enjoying HIM's music somewhat. And it made Elina happy to know that he wasn't just doing it for her. She was certain that he enjoyed the concert as much as she did.

As Elina waited in the darken corner alone, she began to sing. She had never been a good singer, but her voice wasn't as bad to get an immediate order of silence. Softly at first she began singing Heartkiller.

"Farewell oh heartless world." As she got more into the groove of the song, her voice grew in strength. "I'll send you a postcard burnt in the flames you've tried so hard to extinguish with the fear of failing. I'll write down everything I have learned and edit it down to a single word, love. For you I'm waiting anticipating . . ."

When she was about to hit the chorus line, another voice beat her to it. Immediately, she stopped all hopes she had of continuing to sing, and stared at the dark figure of a man that emanated a slow plume of smoke from his lips as he sang the chorus for her. She hadn't even noticed when he appeared. "Sparks will fly beneath the Luna alight Lazarus at Frankenstein's, babe I'll be a flatliner for a Heartkiller . . . Why did you stop, sweetheart?"

With that last word, his most used endearment; it all clicked together, and Elina felt a blush rise up to her cheeks. There was no way she could not recognize him. The voice sounded different being so clean and naked from any musical or communication device that Elina was used to hearing it with. The man emerged from the darkness, making the woman gasp in surprise. "Oh my God! What are you doing here?!?" Elina asked finding herself humble before the rockstar. Most of the times, Elina was considered extremely mature for her age, but now, with Ville Valo standing in front of her, she felt like a true teenager. He was wearing the same clothes he had in the performance; a simple array of jeans, a band tee-shirt and a jacket topped off with a black beanie. His hair was just as she liked it on him; poking in all directions from just under the edges of his beanie.

He smiled, oddly Elina felt like he was looking into the very insides of her being. There was a spark in his eyes that almost frightened her. "I saw that you were injured, and I decided to follow you." By the way he said it, Elina knew it wasn't concern what had made him move or at least, that was what her crazy fan-up mind had come up with. It was unheard off, really. Where had he been hiding off to be able to see that she was injured, without getting totally mobbed by a horde of his fans?

A more fun and pleasurable idea for her crazy fan head came forth to Elina, who wasn't able to resist speaking it. "Are you stalking me?" Elina said narrowing her eyes playfully. Then, the smoke from his cigarette hit her, and she felt an unnatural need for cigarette that she would be willing to sell both her pinkies, so long as she was given one. But no! She hadn't smoked in two years; she wasn't going to start now. Not when she had Ville Valo's attention.

"What's so wrong about that?" He said teasingly as he walked even closer to Elina. He stood before her, a hand in his pocket as he regarded Elina's appearance. Though she wasn't going to admit it, Elina felt as if she was being looked over like a piece of meat in a supermarket. She shook that feeling off.

"Well I thought that since I am the fan then it should be me doing the stalking." Elina replied, enjoying herself.

Ville smiled, the cigarette hanging from his mouth. "Life has a wonderful way of turning the tables." He said, something which was what that Elina expected him to say. As a fan and having a complete stupid crush on Ville Valo, Elina considered him to be the most poetic and intelligent man in the world. Though she knew that was merely her fixation with him speaking, she didn't let that get in the way of her life, for it was a bit out of character of her to be obsessed like a preppy girl over a man she could never have.