Confrontation

Grace POV

It's been a week. A week of sitting with different people and ignoring Tyler. I'm miserable. I have no idea why it's affecting me so much. I only knew him for like two weeks when everything happened. I know I should just move on, he was practically a stranger, except he was so nice to me. Danielle came up to  me.

"I know you are having some issues with Tyler, but do you mind if we date?" Wait, date! We are only in seventh grade, what the heck?? Also, she slaps me and then doesn't talk to me for over a week and she's asking me this.

"Frankly, I don't care. You do what you want to do, I don't care. About anything you do."

"OK! Thanks!" What the heck is this girl thinking? I know I'm not exactly on speaking terms with Tyler, but I have to ask him about this.

I walk up to him at lunch.

"Before you freak out on me, I just have one question. Why is Danielle talking about you and her dating?"

"What the heck are you talking about?" He looks genuinely confused and now I'm even more confused.  I explain everything.

"I don't even like her as a person, let alone like like her." He thinks for a second,opens his mouth and the hesitates before speaking. "Did she lie to me about you being a fake friend too?"

I let out a sigh of relief. "YES! Finally you realize the truth!"

"I'm sorry I just believed her without talking to you first. That was pretty stupid of me..."

"No, really? Seriously though, don't do that to me again. I haven't known you that long but I already know that you and I are going to be really good friends, and I want that to last as long as possible."

"I agree, but the same goes for you. Please don't get mad at me unless you have a legit reason. And even then, talk to me about it."

We hugged it out. I think Tyler and I are going to be friends for a long time.

***********************************************************************************************

I remember this. When we both thought we were going to be best friends forever. I thought that we were going to be friends into high school. Probably past it. We would tell our kids about the crazy way we became friends. How wrong I was. How stupid and naive I was. I wish I would have known how it ended. If I had known, I wouldn't have started the entire thing. It would have saved me from a lot of embarrassment.