Chapter-6

What? What does he mean that the crowd will decide? Why didn't I know about this? I'm so confused, I look to my right to see Mackenzie smirking and looking at our principal with an approving look. And then it hits me. Of course she would do something so she would win for sure.

She's popular, of course they will pick her and the ones that don't like her are afraid of her and they'll pick her so she won't make their life a living hell.. I knew that there was a possibility that she would win but I wanted it to be fair...

"Okay guys so you'll go there in the corner of the room where a man will give you a paper and you'll write the girl's name that you want to win. You can start voting now but please don't go all together because it's going to be a disaster."

After what your principal said everyone started raising from their seats and going to vote.
Me and Mackenzie sat on the stage until they were finished after half an hour. Our principal took the box that everyone put their paper and went backstage to count them.

I turned to look at Mackenzie and she left out a sight.
"Don't even bother thinking that you'll win."
"Excuse me?"
"I'm far better than you Hailee. Just accept if. I won."
"Well we'll just wait and see.."
"Oh I'm sure I won."
"Why so sure Mackenzie?"
"Nothing. I'm just sure. Leave it."
She said and left leaving me there dumbfounded.

My two best friends came up on the stage right after he left.
"Hey girl are you okay?"
"Yeah you seem a little stressed"
"I'm fine guys. Just.."
"What?"
"I didn't know about the voting thing. And she'll win because she's popular. I actually wanted to win fairly."
"Do you think she had something to do with it?"
"I don't know, maybe"

As I said that the principal came out of the door and started waking toward us.

Olivia and Alissa went off stage so we could continue with this and learn about the results.

"I have the results here!" he said a little bit louder than expected and everyone in the audiences turned to look at him. Silence fell into the room..
"So, I'm sorry for being late kids. I know that you're all really excited and impatient so I'm going to just raise the hand of the girl that won."
He said and then started counting.
1..
2..
3..

I was hoping that my hand would be the one that he'd raise, but that wasn't the occasion. My hand wasn't raised. I wasn't the winner, Mackenzie was, I had lost.
I guess I wasn't good enough..

People were cheering for Mackenzie and when I lifted my gaze from the floor I looked at her and she looked at me with disgust

"I told you I'd win. You're not like me Hailee. I get what I want, you don't, youre nothing." she said and left flipping her hair over her shoulder.

I knew what she said wasn't true but it still hurt.

I dissapointed everyone.
I guess my dad didn't make a good job teaching me..
I felt my heart being shattered. Not because of that stupid role. But because the only thing that really interested me, the only thing that I truly loved doing I wasn't good enough.
I shared it with everyone and it came biting me back. I shouldn't have.
I felt my eyes stinging and tears threatening to come running down and trying to stain my shirt.

I didn't let them though. I held my head high and before my best friends could reach me I quickly walked backstage and outside of the building from the back door.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It felt like just was crying forever. Lying in my bed and crying, listening to Shawn's music.

I didn't know why I was so upset from it.
Maybe it was because it was something I held close to my head.
Maybe because it was the only thing that I thought that I inherited from my father. And now that was gone too. Exactly like he did..

I sat there crying with my phone closed so no one could reach me until I fell asleep
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N
So guys I know that this chapter is like soooo small but I decided that I'll just write smaller chapters but I'll try to update day by day so it'll be better for you. I don't know, you can tell me what you prefer. Big chapters but without knowing how long it'll take until I write it, or smaller chapters which I'll write more often? Whatever you prefer. I'll do it.
Thank you for taking time and giving my story a try.
-Share
-Comment
-Vote
~Eva