Chapter-2

It's been only two weeks since school started, but it feels like it's been at least 2 months. I'm so tired of being here. To start with, I'm tired of waking up, getting ready,walking down the street,meeting my two best friends and then, again walking to school. It's the same everyday, and it's really awful.

So today we had a song audition for a musical play. I hadn't heard of it even though all my classmates had been talking about it. At least that's what my friend Alisa says. I don't know if I should go. I mean...I love singing but, I never sang in front of anyone before. It's difficult for me to do it now. And is it worth it? I mean maybe they won't even choose me for the role, or something...

"Hey Hailee you're auditioning today after school right?" Olivia asked me.

"I don't know Oli...I mean you know how I am in those things..it's difficult for me to sing in front of someone after that thing with my dad"

"Oh come on! You can't keep that voice hidden forever. Please just try? For me?"

"Emm...okay I will. Only if you promise you won't laugh if it's bad"

"Hahaha sure girl"

When the last period was over, the familiar voice of our prinsipal in the speakers said that all the students should be at the theater. So, Alisa, Olivia and I headed to the theater. The announcement was that: "Looking for a girl with good voice to sing while acting."
Yeah..like we didn't know that.

I'm so anxious.
My hands are getting calmy
My legs feel like jelly.

Don't panic Hailee. This is what you love. This is what you want to do. Right? So just go there and sing. Go and make them see what you got. You got this.
After I had my pep talk I walk down the hall with my two besties stainding right next to me.
I was still really nervous. When I saw the line of people that were there to audition, I seriously thought I would faint. The line was soo big! I won't be good enough. I know it.
"Okay shut the fuck up! I know you're thinking about how you won't be better than them and you'll lose but it's worth tryunig okay? You'll be fine! And on't tell me you're not thinking about that because I can see your face and right now It looks like you're horrified." Olivia amlost yelled at me, causing some people from the queue to turn and look at us weirdly. I'm sure they are propably thinking 'Who the hell are they?'
"Shhhh! Keep quite everyone can hear you, you know!" I wishper- yell at her.
"Oh no. You know something Hailee?Oli is right!
I mean I haven't heard you sing even though I really want to but you seriously have to get out of your shell and do this! It's no big deal! You can do it. What if you win or not? You will try. You will overcome your fears. So shut up and stay quite so we can listen how this losers are singing. I mean they will for sure lose." Said Al. After that. They both turned around trying to listen to the person that was inside the room auditioning. 
Some times like this I really am grateful about my best friends. They have always been here for me whenever I needed them. I love both of them so much. 
"Hey guys?" I whisperd to them.
"What?" They both said.
"Thanks. I needed that."
"We know. Go kill it." Said my Olivia while pushing me foward to the door. 
I haven't even realized that it was my turn. 
Oh my god. 
'Okay.'
'I'll be fine.'
'I can do this.'
I wishper to myself while pushing the door of the room and getting inside. 
I slowly walk to where an 'X' is painted to the floor thinking that it is to show as where we should be standing. I look up and see a table where my music, art and theatre teachers are sitting next to my principal.
"Hello Ms..." he says waiting for my name"
"Steinfeld sir"
"Okay so Ms. Steinfeld are you sure you can sing?"
"Yeah pretty sure"
"I'm asking you because a lot of people that came in here today just wanted to have the role just for popularity. So I'm asking you again are you sure you can sing?"
"Emm..yeah" I say kind of nervous."