Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Abbie's P.O.V

The Field was empty. The long yellowing grass tickled my knees as I walked through the field in my hoodie and my shorts. It was night and I was in the field that Louis had taken me to on his fifteenth birthday, we danced and laughed in this field. Afterwards my dad would get angry because he didn't like me leaving my house.

As soon as my mum killed herself he wouldn't really let me out anywhere. My mum didn't kill herself because she was weak so let’s just get that out the way, I guess she messed up her life and couldn't take my dad’s abuse anymore. I felt safe when I was with Louis, like everybody just went away and it was just me and him.

I trusted Lou with my biggest secret. If my dad knew I told Lou about him hurting me he would, well, hurt me more. I guess Lou was just trying to keep me safe when he phoned my aunty. To be honest I didn't really mind, it was just I had to move away from Lou and he was my only friend, the only person I trusted... Well he gave me trust issues but still, I loved Louis.

I still remember the night I left to go to my stupid aunt's house, I was thirteen and my dad was already away. I didn't know where. I cried a lot that day, which I didn't normally do. Louis gave me a big hug and I didn't want to let go but I knew I would have to at some point, sadly. As I let go Louis handed me a small white box with a bow on it. I opened it to see a lovely charm bracelet. I gave Lou a soft peck on the lips and whispered "I love you" in his ear, then I got into the taxi. 

____________________________________________________

*5 years later*

I walked into my boss’s office, my charm bracelet making a twinkling sound as it bounced up and down. I walked in and he told me to take a seat, he looked quite serious. I was a little scared but I didn't care, I hated working in this crappy supermarket.

He just got to the point; he told me I was fired. I didn't know how to react. I was happy that I didn't have to work here anymore but I also needed this job for money. I just walked out mumbling thanks on my way out. Wait. Why was I thankful? He just fired me for no reason at all. I didn't like this job but I still tried my hardest and I needed this job. What was I gonna do? I'm all ready broke as it is. I left my name badge on the counter and walked out the shop.

This is just great, now I need to find a new job. I racked back into my brain looking for anything that could possibly help me feel calm in this situation. Then I remembered, hadn't Lou said something about needing an assistant stylist? I know, I know, I hated my aunt Lou but once she found out about my dad she was really nice. I even had all the qualifications to be a stylist but I just couldn't find anyone that wanted me. I mean, would you want a fucked up kid that got abused who's mum committed suicide? Not to mention my reports from school aren't so great...

--

"OK, thank you so much Lou. Yeah, see you later."

As soon as I had gotten back to my flat I phoned Lou about the job. I had just gotten off the phone with her and I remember that the last time I had seen her was when her little baby girl Lux was born. She was so cute; it would be great to see her again.

Lou hadn't told me much about the job all she had said was that she styled five famous teenage boys and that she'd been looking for help. I wondered who these boys were and knew already that this job was not gonna be easy.