Chapter 5

I jumped as I reached for the door handle. His strong hand grabbed me by my wrist and pulled me back into the seat.

"Please don't hurt me," I cry out.

"I remember you." Was all he said.

"How did you know I was here?" I ask him, still clenching the door handle.

He looked coldly at me and let go of my wrist. He slouched back into the seat and leaned his head against the headrest, rubbing his eyes with his palms.

"You need to believe me. I didn't do anything." Harry whispers.

I turn back and stare straight ahead. "Please get out of my car," I tell him. "Now."

"I can't go back to jail. I've spent too long in there." Harry cried.

"Maybe it's because you murdered somebody." You calmly state.

"Listen," Harry leans forward and grabs me by the neck. "You squeal about me being here and I'll kill you. Understand?"

I nodded softly and pushed him off. He climbed out of the car and pulled his hood over his face. I put my car in drive and drove as quickly as I could. I was scared. Stunned. Shocked. What just happened? I thought.

The next morning I see a note on my dresser. Be back soon Kel love you xx mom, dad, & sis. I trudged down the stairs and hear sounds coming from the kitchen. I peer through the door and see my boyfriend, Dylan, sitting at the table, eating cereal.

"Hey Dyl, you alright?" I ask him. He usually comes over for breakfast when something happens with his parents at home.

He didn't answer.

I walked over to him and moved the hair away from his forehead.

"Dylan what's wrong?" I ask.

"I'm fine, don't worry babe." He gets up and kisses my forehead.

I quickly glance outside and see the familiar dark brown curls. I grabbed Dylan by the hand and pulled him away from the window. As Harry peered over, we made direct eye contact and a soft grin slowly crept across his face.