Chapter 9

I woke up to the sudden sound of thunder. I jolted out of bed, but I felt a strong arm pull me close.

"W-where are we?" I whispered.

"Shhhh, go back to bed." Harry whispered back as he ran his fingers through my hair.

I fell in and out of sleep, hoping that this was all a dream.

The next morning I awoke to the sound of Harry's voice. I turn my head and see that he was on the phone with someone. He hung up and I quickly shut my eyes. I felt his hot breath on my neck as he laid next to me, his arm pulling me in close to his torso. I didn't want to move. I felt... safe.

"Harry?" I asked.

"Mmm?" He mumbled.

"Can you explain this all to me?" I asked quietly.

"It's a long story." Harry mumbled again.

"I'm not going anywhere." I turned and faced toward him.

"Well, it all started a couple weeks ago..." Harry started.

We laid there for awhile. I just listened to him talk. It was peaceful, like he wasn't in a rush.

"So you didn't kill her? And why did I have to breakup with my boyfriend?" I asked.

"No, I was framed. And I know who did kill her." He paused. "It was Dylan."

"No. That-that can't be. He couldn't kill someon-"

"Shhh," Harry shushed me.

"I don't lie. It's a long story, but I needed to protect you." He demanded.

"But why?" I asked.

"Because I know people like you. The ones who think they can't be afraid. And I was one of them. You weren't afraid of me. I could see it in your eyes. You acted like you were afraid but you weren't, were you?" Harry asked me.

I shook my head.

"I don't think I will ever find someone like you again." He continued. "So please believe me."

"Um I think I need to go home. I need to see my family." I quickly spitted out.

"Please don-" Harry started.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

I grabbed my sweater off of the chair and pulled it over my upper body.

I ran threw what it seemed like an apartment for one. I was a foot away from opening the door when I look outside and see a swarm of reporters and a dozen police cars.

"Oh my god." I mumble under my breath.