Chapter 10

"HARRY!" I screamed. My voice was droned out by the sound of the sirens.

I ran back through the apartment and saw the bedroom that we were in. The window was wide open and Harry was nowhere to be seen.

"You've got to be kidding me," I whispered angrily.

I looked out the window to see that it was a good distance away from the ground. Well here goes nothing. I stepped with one foot out the window and quickly grabbed onto the gutter as I hauled myself through. I shuffled my way towards the fire escape and I noticed how the hinges were broken off, the ladder completely dismembered from the rest of the fire escape. I looked down and saw the latter on the grass with a body laying next to it. Harry's body.

I tried so hard not to scream. I took a deep breath and went back inside. I knew I wouldn't be able to escape. By the time I got inside there were a couple police officers inside. I was crying mostly because I was confused and scared. They walked me outside and gave me a blanket.

"Are you alright?" The officer asked me as he sat next to me on the sidewalk outside.

A large crowd of neighbors watched the scene behind yellow tape.

"Ye-yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I asked him.

"You're family and boyfriend reported you missing a couple days ago."

"What? I wasn't like kidnapped." I snapped.

"We found a bag in the bedroom containing a gun, knife, and chloroform. Most likely the weapons Harry was going to use to kill you."

Harry. I saw a stretcher getting rolled into an ambulance. I shot up off the sidewalk and ran over, screaming.

"YOU LIED TO ME YOU ASSHOLE!" The officer came to hold me back. "YOU DID KILL REBECCA AND YOU WERE GOING TO DO THE SAME TO ME!"

Harry took off his oxygen mask for a second. "I'm being framed. Please believe m-" The beeping coming from the machine started to increase as the mask slapped against his face, Harry struggling to take in air.

"I trusted him." I mumbled after the ambulance left.

"What was that?" The officer asked.

"Nothing. Nothing at all."