Chapter 2

With that, the train doors close and starts heading for the other districts.

The train is not that different from our district. Fancy, but comforting. I walk to my room and look around. I have ocean blue walls with a baby blue ceiling. Most of the furniture is mahogany with bright red details. I decide to watch the other districts, see if I want any allies. Right now it is district 5 and a Average sized boy named David comes up to the stage. The television tells us that he is 15. He looks like he could be good. I decide to take a nap through district 6.

"Axel Wood" the escort for District 7 screams. A tall, very well built boy makes his way up.

"Age 16"
He looks like a good ally too. I see David board the train and make my way over to him.

"Hey do you want to be allies? I am also thinking of Axel from District 7."

"Uh Sure, I am good with spears and building shelters."

"Cool! I am good with axes and knives, and I can climb and run."

We see Axel come on and we go over to him.

"Allies?" I say

"Sure, my best weapon is sword and finding water."

"Cool! I am good with axes and knives, and I can climb and run."

"And I use spears and make shelters."

"Ok cool! See you guys around."

I fall asleep with a smile on my face. Training hasn't even begun and I already have two allies.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

"Ryder come on, dinner time" our escort, Sandy says.

I groan while replying, "Ugh coming."

I walk into the dining room to see all the tributes talking and eating. I sit next to David and Axel.

"Hey Ryder, can I call you Ry?" David asks.

"Uh sure?"

I start cutting my steak and spoon something they call mashed potatoes into my mouth. Ok this mashed potato thing is like heaven in my mouth.

I hear a faint screaming in be background.

"Do you guys hear that? Is that the Capitol?"

"Yes, and yes" Sandy replies.

I go to the window and start to wave. This is one of the things my brother taught me, get sponsors. The crowd screams louder once they see me. I smile. The train comes to a stop, and we are pushed out. In front of me is the Re-Make center. I am NOT looking forward to it.