Chapter 5

Last day of training. That is the first thing I think of when I wake up. The career group from 1 and 2 have been picking on my friend and I since second day of training. The will be wishing they didn't once we get into that arena.

I grudgingly dress into the training clothes. I meet up with David and Axel and we head down.

"What do you guys want to do today?" I ask.

Axel replies, "We could work and camouflage, and talk strategy for bloodbath."

"That sounds good, is that ok David?"

"Yep," David simply says.

We head on over to the Camouflage station. In school I was always mote artistic than Athletic. I only did cross country because I love running. I make myself blend in with a fake tree near by. I look over to see David doing pretty well, but then there is Axel.

"Er Axel lets make sure you don't do any camouflaging in the arena."

Axel puts his hand over his heart in mock sadness, then bursts out laughing, "Fine."

"So, I think we should grab all the stuff that is near us."

"Yeah, do NOT go into the Cornucopia," David said.

"Agreed," Axel and I say in unison.

I hear footsteps come towards us. I turn around to see Demetrius Gold, the District 1 male tribute, Ruby Gem, The female for District 1, and the tributes from 2, Xavier Daniels and Samantha Regin.

"Hey guys, they are trying to learn how to hide from us!" Their leader, Demetrius, says. They all burst out laughing.

"Hey little twerps, try learning how to use a weapon." Xavier says. This sets me off. I stand up and start yelling,

"YOU WANT TO SEE HOW TO USE A WEAPON? FINE!"

I storm over to the target board and pick up 10 knives at a time, 5 in each hand. I get my stance ready, and then turn my head around to look at them. I throw, and see their expressions go wide-eyed. I guess I got them all to hit center. I go up to Demetrius and whisper in his face,

"You better watch yourself." Then I spit in his face and walk with David and Axel to lunch. That is when I realize that the Game-makers always watch and televise the last day of training. They use what they saw AND final tests to determine score.

Axel shouts," THAT.WAS.FREAKING AMAZING!"

David replies, "YEAH! HOW THE HECK DID YOU EVEN DO THAT?!?"

I chuckle to myself. "Practice makes perfect young padawans." I say. They just shake their heads while eating their salad. Once we are done we go back and wait for our names to be called.

"Ryder Finn"

I go into the room and pick up many axes. They saw my knife skills earlier, now lets show them my axe skills. I see a spider on the wall, and make sure the Game-Makers see it. I throw the axe and it cuts its head off. Only 15 seconds in, and they are already on their feet.

I interlock two axes so that i can throw one, and in mid-air they detach. I throw it at the targets, and they each land dead center on two different targets. The Game-Makers start clapping.

I now pick up one knife, and one axe. I throw the knife first, dead center. Then I throw the axe, and it splits the Knife's handle in two. Lastly I do the same thing that I did earlier in training, but with axes this time. I interlock them so they will each land on different targets. I blindfold myself and ready my hands. Then I jump into the air, do a 360, and then, let go. I take the blindfold off and see they all landed dead center on their own targets. I smirk as I walk out, and Zoe walks in.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

We are eating dinner when the television comes on. We crowd around the TV and they start.

"DISTRICT ONE: Demetrius Gold. 10!
Ruby Gem. 9!"

"District TWO: Xavier Daniels. 10! Samantha Regin. 5!" Wow that is really low for a career.

I don't listen for District 3

"DISTRICT FOUR: Ryder Finn. 12! Zoe Seaweed. 3!"

"DISTRICT FIVE: David Jones. 9!" Nice David! I don't listen until District 7.

"DISTRICT SEVEN: Axel Wood. 11!"

That is pretty good. The problem is, even if the Careers didn't already hate us, they definitely will now. I sigh and go to my room to take a shower. I get changed and brush my teeth. I get into bed and fall asleep thinking about how the dreadful interviews are tomorrow.