Chapter 11- The Clearing

After waiting for a good five to ten minutes, Brayden finally told me we could leave. When we got out to his car, he opened the door for me, and we left.

"So... Where are we going?" I asked.

He glanced at me, then back at the road, "That's for me to know and you to find out."

I sighed, somehow I knew he wouldn't tell me, so while enduring the clueless ride, i stared out the window.

"Where we going, Tyler?"
"Now, it wouldn't be a surprise if I told you, now would it?" He laughed.
I pouted, h told me to dress nice, but not too fancy. My brother had told him where to take me, and nobody would tell me where that is.
Tyler reached over and grabbed my hand, "Hey, babe, don't pout." He looked over at me and into my eyes. I had just enough time to glance out the windshield to notice the 18 wheeler coming at us head on.
"Holy shit! Tyler! Truck!" He swerved to miss the 18 wheeler, but instead hit another, smaller, truck, and flipped his car.
When i woke up, I was in a hospital bed, with Tyler in the chair next to me, asleep. I reached over and poked him and his eyes shot open.
"Ohmygod! Cassidy, I'm so fucking sorry, you're brother is gonna be so pissed at me."
"Its okay, I'm fine." I placed my hand on his cheek. "Are you okay?"
He nodded and closed his eyes.
"I love you so much, Cass, you don't even know."
"I love you too, Tyler."

"We are here. Earth to Cass?" I hear Brayden saying, but I can't seem to move, can't talk, can't blink. This was a really bad idea, Cassidy. "Cassidy? Hello? Are you okay?" I glanced around with just my eyes. No, no, no, no.

"This is our makeup date since the first time, it was spent in a hospital." Tyler laughed.
I opened my eyes. "No fucking way..."
"Your brother said you'd like it." He said, putting his ear against my mouth.
He brought me to a clearing, in a beautiful city two
hours away.
There was a romantic picnic set up, with candles and roses and a beautiful dinner with music instrumental music playing in the background. Nobody was around to bother us.
"Your brother told me that you used to love this place when you would come visit your cousin."
I nodded.
"Your cousin set all this up."

"Cassidy? What is wrong?" Brayden had come over to my side of the car and opened the door, unbuckled my seat belt and was looking me directly in the eye.

We layed out on the picnic blanket, hands intertwined as we stared at the sky.
"Cassidy?"
"Yeah, Tyler?"
He looked over at me, "The sky is almost as beautiful as you tonight."
He always knew how to make me blush.
"Cassidy?"
"Yeah, Tyler?"
"How do you manage to make me fall in love with you every time I see you? Cass, you are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. You are so sweet, loving and adorable and every time I see you I just want to kiss you until neither of us can catch our breath. I love you, to the stars, the moon, and back. I want to love you for the rest of my life, Cassidy."
"I love you too." I whispered.

"Hey man, i-i don't know what's wrong with her. She's scaring me. I don't have her brothers number man, please help me. You knew what to do at Taco Bell. We are at the clearing. No, man, the romantic one. Yeah, that one. I'll be here. Yeah, ill call you if she changes. Thanks, man. Bye."

I can't breath because of the burning in my chest. I'm choking on the lump that's forming in my throat.

"Cassidy? Austin is on his way, okay?" Brayden grabbed my hand.

I've never had an anxiety attack this bad before. I feel paralyzed.

Brayden's P.O.V

This chick is really scaring me. She hasn't said a word or moved since I didn't tell her where I was taking her. Now, here I am, sitting in front of her next to lifeless body, watching her do nothing. What do I do? What do I do? Austin. He knew I was taking her on a date.

I pulled out my phone and dialed his number.
"Hello?"
"Hey, man, i-i don't know what's wrong with her."
"What do you mean?" He sounded more alert.
"She's scaring me."
"Dude, call her brother. He'll get her in check."
"I don't have her brother's number man, please help me. You knew what to do at Taco Bell."
I could hear him jumping up. "Shit, man, she's having an anxiety attack. Why didn't you fucking say so. Where the hell are you?"
"We are at the clearing."
"The one by the bridge?"
"No, the romantic one."
"Ohh! You mean the one on the other side of town, well not in the city."
"Yeah that one."
"Okay, don't move dude."
"I'll be here."
"Call me if she changes, yeah?"
"Yeah, I'll call you if we changes. Thanks, man."
"No problem, Bray. See you in a few minutes."
"Bye."
He'll see me in a few minutes? Damn, he will have to speed. I don't even care, I just hope he stays safe.

I was sitting there, trying to talk to Cassidy for about 30 minutes before Austin pulled up behind me. He ran up to us and I got out of the way. He sat down on the ground and pulled Cassidy down with him.

"Shh." He moved her face to where she was looking at him. "Look, its me. I'm here, its okay." He was rubbing her back, comforting her, whispering in her ear.

"Is, um, is she okay?" I asked awkwardly.

"I don't know. Go get her some Taco Bell. Can you do that? There is one a few miles up the road. Take my car."

I nodded and left the two to whatever it is they were doing.

Austin's P.O.V.

I got to the clearing and I just saw Brayden, freaking out. He doesn't need to date this girl if he cat handle her anxiety attacks. I mean, he's one of my best friends, but damn. I ran up to him and he immediately got out of the way. I pulled Cassidy down in my lap and started to comfort her.

"Shh, look, its me, I'm here. Okay?"

Brayden was just standing there helplessly, and to be honest, it was kind of annoying. So I told him to go get her some Taco Bell.

As soon as he left, Cassidy grabbed my shirt.

"Cassidy? Are you okay?" She started to cry, hard, in my shirt. She was blubbering, I couldn't make out what she was trying to say.

"I-Bray-Tyl-You-Sorr." She blubbered.

"Cassidy, honey, calm down."
She started to breath.
"Shh, its okay, Cass, I'm here."