Chapter 10- Still Fallin'

I woke up the next morning to my phone ringing very loudly in my ear. Without even checking to see who it was, I pressed the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I said yawning.

I heard a chuckle, "Good morning, sleeping beauty, I haven't talked to you in a while." Confused I checked the caller ID. It was Brayden.

"Oh, hey. I've been kind of, um, busy?"

"Are you sure you just didn't want to talk to me? If you don't, that's fine. I'll leave you alone." I could hear the hurt in his voice.

"No! No, its not that. "

"You sure?" I nodded, even though he couldn't hear me. My mind was wandering off.

"Tyler, quit making excuses, if you don't want to talk to me, just say so." I said, fighting my tears. I didn't want him to see how hurt I was.
"I love talking to you, Cass, don't ever think differently."
I stayed silent, looking away.
I could feel Tyler's eyes. He always watched me. He slowly moved his hand to cup my face and make me look at him.
He wiped my tears, "I love you so much, Cassidy. You are my world, my light, my every breath. You light up my night, you make my days brighter. When you are around, I breath easier. I can't live without you, Cassidy."

"Cassidy? You there? Cassidy?" Brayden was calling name.

"Yeah, sorry. I just woke up, what were you saying?"

"I asked if you wanted to get some lunch with me today."

"Um, yeah, sure. I'd love to get lunch with you."

"Great!" I could hear the happiness in his voice. "I'll pick you up at 11?"

"Yeah, sounds great." We hung up and I glanced at the time... 9:00.

I drug myself out of bed and to my drawers to get me clothes to take a shower.

When I got in the bathroom, I turned the hot water on and stripped out of my clothes. I let out a satisfied sigh as I stepped into the hot water, finally waking up.

I washed my face, hair, and body, all while keeping my eyes averted from my scars and thinking. People normally say that showers help them clear their mind, but showers just make me think, and when I think, I get sad.

"Hey, babe!" Tyler called, running towards me across the grass in the park where we agreed to meet. He wrapped me in a hug, and whispered in my ear, "I missed you, your smell, your touch," he chuckled breathily, "and your laugh."

He had just gotten back from being on vacation for two weeks. I laughed, "I missed too."

He hooked his finger under my chin, tilting my head back to look at him as he lightly kissed both of my cheeks, then my lips. This boy drives me insane with his smell. I swear I'm going to buy a bottle of the cologne he uses, just to sniff it when I miss him. He leaned down to put his lips right next to my ear, and I could feel his warm breath traveling down my neck as he placed a small kiss behind my ear.

"Yanno, when you kiss someone for one minute, you burn 2.6 calories. Wanna go burn some in private?" He placed soft, sweet kisses down my neck before grabbing my hand and tugging me into the privacy of the surrounding woods.

He stopped in a clearing, "I was aimlessly walking through here about a month ago, thinking, and I stumbled across this clearing, and, uh, well, I thought of you." He chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of his neck.

I walked up to him and wrapped my arms around his neck. "Do you think of me often?" I whispered, getting closer to him with every word until we were sharing the same breath. I looked confident on the outside, but on the inside I could barely hold myself together as I silently begged for him to kiss me.

"Of course, babe." He said softly, closing the distance between us, fitting our lips together like puzzle pieces.

His hands traveled my body, moving down to rest at my waist a moment before pulling me closer to him before moving up, tangling themselves in my hair. His mouth parted as he pulled away, staring at me with possession and dominance in his eyes. He knew I was his. He left my lips and started kissing my cheek, my ear, and my temple before moving to my neck to leave a hickey as a reminder of who I belonged to. He slowly kissed my shoulders them moved back to my lips before sealing the deal. When he pulled away, and untangled his hands from my hair, we were both breathing heavily, staring at each other before he looked away.

He always did this after we made out, like he was ashamed that he had kissed me to begin with.

I came back to my senses when the water got cold. I turned off the water and wrapped a towel around my body and brushed and dried my hair.

Why do my thoughts always go back to Tyler?

When I checked the time on my phone, it was almost 10 so I made my way back to my room and turned on some music before starting the adventure that is finding some decent clothes to wear. As I searched through my closet, also known as Narnia, i was singing along to Still Fallin' by Hunter Hayes.

"I still reach for your hand because I need it
Your kiss is still the spark that lights a fire
You're still laughing with me,
And we're still making memories,
I'm still a fool for you, and there's a million reasons why."

I settles on a pair of dark skinny jeans with rips on the thigh and knee and a cute top that is purple. I put on my black converse and applied make up and did my hair. As I looked in the mirror, wondering if I over or under did it, there was a knock at my door.

"Who is it?" I called, spritzing my midnight pomegranate perfume.

"Its, uh, Brayden... Your brother told me where your room is." He cleared his throat, I could tell he was nervous.

I opened the door to reveal a very handsome Brayden. He was dressed in a pair of blue jeans and a plain white button up shirt. His hair was messy, like always, and he smelled amazing.

"Y-you, um, I mean, he didn't interrogate you?" Brayden just stood there... Staring... I waved my hand in front of his face. "Earth to Brayden! Hello? Anyone in there?"

He blinked a few times, "Yeah, um," he cleared his throat, "You look beautiful."

I blushed, I'm not used to compliments. "Um, thanks."

"Damn, you too are so fucking awkward around each other!" Luke called as he walked to my room. "So where are you taking my sister?"

"Um, wherever she wants to go, I guess."

Next thing I know, Luke is pulling Brayden away and talking to him in private while I just sit and wait.