Chapter 7-Michael

"Michael? What the fuck are you doing in my house? What are you doing back? Why are you in my house?"

"Well, I wanted to surprise you, and this was the easiest way."

"I WAS ABOUT TO HIT YOU IN THE HEAD WITH A FUCKING FRYING PAN!!" I scream at him.

He walked over to me and wrapped me in a hug as I started crying. He knows what him coming back is gonna do to me. "It's okay, honey, just because I'm back doesn't mean he's going to come back."

Youre probably really confused right now, so allow me to explain. Three years ago, when Tyler broke my heart, Michael was there and witnessed it. Michael literally tried to kill Tyler, so Michael just got out of prison for attempt of murder, why he's out so early is still a mystery to me.

I sniffed and looked at him, "Why are you out so early?"

"Good behavior, parole, and I have a few insiders so my case was reevaluated and here I am, but I have no where else to go."

"Y-you can stay here, but they'll be back tomorrow." I said to him quietly.

He nods his head and starts to rummage through my fridge.

"A-anything in particular you are looking for?" He shakes his head.

I heard a car drive up, and the front door opening. After the incident a few minutes ago, I'm still a bit shaken up.

"Cass? You in here?" I recognize my brothers voice.

"Why are you home a day early?" I call back, not taking my eyes of Michael, then I mouth to him, " He's gonna kill you."

"Well, I was feeling little sick, so I-" he made it into the kitchen, "what the hell is he doing here?!"

"I-um- he's out of prison?" I say sweetly.

"Obviously! Why is he here, of all place?" He yells.

"Don't yell at me!" I say to him.

"What the hell do you expect me to do, Cassidy? This dickwad attempted murder and you just let him In the house?!" He didn't even slightly lower his tone.

"Actually, she-" I hold up my hand to silence my friend before he digs himself a deeper hole.

"You wanna know why I let him into our house? I let him in here because he actually showed that he cares about me, yeah, sure, he didn't do it in the best way possible, but you,as my BROTHER, didn't do a damn thing to help me after Tyler left. So I don't want to hear YOU, of all people, complain that the guy who tried to kill the guy who literally almost killed me because he cares about me and obviously you don't. Mom isn't even home anymore because I'm too much work for her to deal with because 'I'm a fucking stupid, ugly, suicidal, depressed, self-harming teenager and nobody in their right minds would put up with that' her words not mine. So excuse me, if the one person who fucking cares has decided to reenter my life but, I don't care what you think, so he is staying and you can pull your panties out of your ass and get over it!" I yell back at him, getting more and more pissed off as I talked.

He was speechless, he didn't know what else to say to that so he just nods and goes to his room as I go the opposite way to mine, with Michael behind me. When we got to my room, i shut the door and walked over to my bed and lied back on the pillows.

"She said all that about you? Really?" Michael questioned.

I sighed, "Yeah."

"Have you made any other friends?" He asked me.

"Yeah, I met these three cool guys. Brayden, Jared, and Austin?" I told him coolly.

"O-m-g, are they cute?"

"Well, Brayden is, and so is Austin, but Austin now knows about Tyler, so that kind of throws it off."

"You actually told someone?" He looks at me, surprised.

"Well, yeah, but I had no choice."

"How so, darling?"

"I kind of did I again, and he helped me." I say, ashamed.

"Cassidy Grace Matthews! I go to prison for three years for trying to kill the son of a bitch that made you do that in the first place, then while I'm gone, you so it again? Did I go to prison for no reason?"

"No, no, its just, the memories, the flashbacks, I thought j was getting better, but I'm actually getting worse, better at pushing it under the rug. I can't control my thoughts, my emotions. I just can't."

I put in my earphones after a couple minutes of silence and played My Immortal by Evanescence.

"I'm so tired of being here
Suppressed by all my childish fears
And if you have to leave
I wish that you would just leave
'Cause your presence still lingers here
And it won't leave me alone

These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase

When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
And I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have all of me

You used to captivate me by your resonating light
Now I'm bound by the life you left behind
Your face it haunts my once pleasant dreams
Your voice it chased away all the sanity in me

These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase

When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
And I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have all of me

I've tried so hard to tell myself that you're gone
But though you're still with me
I've been alone all along

When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
And I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have all of me

... ah, me... ah, me... ah..."

I didn't realize I had been singing outloud until I opened my eyes to see Michael staring at me incredulously.

I take one earbud out, "What?"

"You still sing so beautifully, I didn't know you still did that, I mean, last time we talked, you said you hadn't done anything in a while."

"Oh, yeah, well, I haven't. I lost all interest in everything after that, after I almost died, I didn't want to do anything but sleep, I was always so tired." I explain.

"Tired of what, buttercup?"