Chapter 11: The Beginning of the Journey

I wake up to Charm and Hoofe over me, examining me. "What are you guys doing?" I say, sitting up quickly, surprising them.

"What do you mean 'what are we doing?' What the hell did you do?!" Hoofe said angrily, "What the hell happened to you? Why did you glow?"

"Uhhh..." I said thinking of what she meant, "I... I don't know exactly..."

"He has done this before Hoofe," Charm said, "I'm sure he is fine. He seems to do that when he gets very angry. But this time it seems like he gained a lot of power from it. Do you remember anything from this, Dash?"

I looked down at the ground, then at them. I seen Muddy came closer into my view, but kept his distance. Everyone seemed to surround me in question of what happened to me. I clear my throat, and start to speak. "Well... I remember everything started to get lighter, like my eyes were glowing. Then all of a sudden, everything went white. I saw nothing but white; I took a few steps, and heard them echo. After a few seconds of trying to figure out where I was..." I said, "This glowing white wolf on a small pool of water appeared. She had wings that were like the shades of the rainbow. She spoke to me about where I was and why I was there. It was like I was in another dimension. She told me about these very strong spirits called the Bells, and told me that I had to find the other two to be by my side to fight alongside with me. She gave me the gift of the first bell, but I don't know if she actually did, but before I fell asleep she formed into a human. She walked to me, and kissed me on the forehead. Once she did that, her exact words were, 'You have the power of the first bell.' And I fell asleep. I wake up and I see you and Hoofe in my face..."

Everyone was silent, then Muddy spoke. "If you're really the first bell, then prove it." He said in a challenging voice.

"I don't know how to prove it. She never told me how to use or access this power." I said getting to my feet.

"Well, from my understanding of these powers is that there are actual bells hidden with the true powers that you're talking about." Charm said, "If we go there, where the bells are hidden, then we could find out if you're truly the first bell and figure out who the other two are."

"Okay, and where do we have to go to find these bells?" I asked.

"Where the dragons live... Past the Lava Mountains, past Fire's cave." Charm said pointing in the direction where we needed to travel, "Along the way, we could find out who will join us."

We were all silent, then Speed said sleepily, "How are we going to get there quickly?"

"Well, we could fly there, but not everyone knows flight; and if we teach you and your sister flight, then flying would take about, maybe, 1 day. On foot, on the other hand, would take 3 weeks." Charm said.

Everyone was silent for a moment, but I said in thought, "Well if we need these bells, then I suggest that we leave soon today and head that way. On our way we will learn more things from you and Muddy, and we will teach my siblings how to fly to make things easier for all of us. So let's all get our things, and head towards the mountains."

"Why do you seem so confident about a land you've never been in? That's where the enemy stays. Are you sure you really want to risk everyone's life for something that probably won't even be there?" Muddy said in question to Charm and I.

"Don't listen to Mr. scaredy- cat here, Dash. We will follow you to where you need to go. We are family, and we need to stick together for as long as we can." Hoofe said as she walks to my side with Speed behind her.

"Well, then we need to get things together. Get plenty to drink and eat. Charm could you please help provide food for us?" I asked.

"No problem. It's just, do you really want all of us to go? I mean, Muddy doesn't seem to like you, and his sons are starting to not like you as well." Charm said, as I gathered my belongings.