Chapter four...... Movie Night

*Edited

Image above is Mark McCall.

I set down my skateboard with a thud and hung my jacket up on the hooks. I walked into our living room that was painted a light blue. Brown couches were spread throughout the room but instead of going to sit down I went into the kitchen to grab a drink. Grabbing a glass and filling it with water I went and sat down and began to examine the papers that were all over the counter. A note that was written by mother was placed on top of it.

I have the night shift tonight so I won't be home. Katie please watch the boys so they don't trash the house. Thanks! I love all of you so much.

Love, Mom

I sigh and throw the paper into the trash. Mark and Dallas come in laughing at something.

"Where's Mom at, Kat?" Mark asks realizing he hadn't seen her.

"She has the night shift." I answer putting my glass in the sink.

I turned to see Dallas whispering something in Mark's ear. Curiosity seeps in along with worry as I walk around the island and begin going up the stairs. Dallas and Mark follow me up the stairs whispering to each other. My suspicions rise even more as I reach the top of the stairs. I walk into my bedroom and head over to bed. Flopping down, I hear the boys head into my brother's room. With a sigh I look over at my clock to see what time it is, 4:15. This is going to be a long night.

~*~*~

I plop down on the couch with a bowl of popcorn in my hand. I had changed into some black leggings with a sweatshirt on it that said I'm geek and I know it. Dallas comes in and plopped down in the spot next to me resting his legs on top of mine. I push them off stealing his bag of skittles. I smirk at him before shoving some in my mouth.

"Thief!" He says taking them back and popping some in his mouth.

I grin even more putting some popcorn in my mouth. I turned finally seeing the menu for the movie. I grabbed the remote that was placed beside me and pushed play. "Hurry up Mark the movies starting!" I cry.

"If you need something to hold onto I'm here for you babe." Dallas grins at me.

I fake a smile. "We'll see about that." I answered thinking about all the horror movies I've seen in the past.

Mark came in with a bag of cheesy popcorn, while he walks past I steal a handful. Mark glares at me before taking a seat in our recliner. I stick my tongue out at him before putting some more popcorn in my mouth. The TV flashes and the movie starts. I slide down in the chair getting into a comfortable position, my legs rested on top of Dallas's lap as his legs are sprawled out on the coffee table in the middle of the room. I can feel Dallas's eyes as he waits for me to scream or jump and snuggle up against him for comfort. I grin at the thought. Suddenly the sounds of screams come through the speakers as someone pops out. I turn and look at Dallas. "Looks like I won't be needing you." I smirk.

"We'll see about that." He said turning to watch the movie.

The rest of the movie was silent except for the TV until snores interrupt the movie. I look over to see that Mark has fallen asleep I smile as an idea seeps into my brain. I quickly get up, Dallas looked at me with curiosity as I go into the kitchen and pull open a drawer. Pulling out a sharpie I went over to where Mark was asleep and pulled the cap off. I heard Dallas silently chuckle as I begin to draw on his face. I drew a hello kitty on his forehead then I drew a unicorn pooping a rainbow then I drew hearts all over his face before sitting down again. I examined my work from over where I sat a smile spreading across my face. I can't wait tell the morning when he discovers what happened to his face. He'll freak.

I turn and look at Dallas to find Him smiling at me. "Good one." He whispers.

"Thanks!" I grin.

A while passed after that as I began to feel me eyelids begin to give way. No, I can't go to sleep now, I've almost finished the movie. I look at Dallas, he's still wide awake and really focused on the flickering screen. I turn back to the TV opening my eyes wide so I can stay awake. A minute passes before my eyes begin to shut again, I struggle to open them. The credits flash on the screen and I grab the remote pressing the open button. "How bought some star wars?" I yawn.

Dallas looks at me. "Sure, why not." He shrugs.

I get up out of my comfortable position and put in star wars. Sitting back down I push play. Settling in again I feel Dallas shuffle under me.

He lifts my legs off of me and slides his legs onto the couch before placing mine right next to his. I turn back to the TV feeling my eyes shut. Finally giving way I fall asleep.

~*~*~

I wake up to find my self on the couch and I look over to see Dallas fast asleep next to me. I slowly get up not wanting to wake him and headed up to my bedroom my alarm was going off. Right we have school. I change really quickly and brush my hair before go down stairs and shaking Dallas awake. He looks up at me with tired eyes.

"What time is it?" He asks sitting up.

"6:20." I look over not finding Mark. He must have went and got ready for school. I turn and walk up the stairs Dallas following behind me. "You can use my bathroom to get ready so you don't have to wait on Mark." I say walking into my bedroom.

"Thanks." He says walking into Marks room and coming back out with his bag. I go into my room and start putting my school stuff back into my bag. I hear my bathroom door shut and then a small bang. "Mmm." Dallas groaned.

I shake my head and go downstairs. Pulling out some frosted flakes I made a bowl of cereal. I sat down in the stool that I had sat in yesterday and began to eat. Footsteps sounded from the stairs and a creak that came from the kitchen door. Dallas came into the kitchen coming over to me and stealing some of my cereal from my bowl. I scowl at him.

"Where's the cereal?" He asks heading over to the other side of the island.

"Top cabinet." I say pointing at it. "And the spoons are in the drawer by the fridge."

He nods pulling the frosted flakes out. "And the bowls?"

I point at another cabinet by the microwave.

He goes over and pulls out a green bowl and dumping some flakes into it then adding some milk and grabbing a spoon. Coming and sitting down in the chair next to me. He took a giant bite of his cereal not bothering to look at me.

"You might want to ride with me so your not late for school."

"Alright." He says taking another bite. "I will since you want me too."

"I didn't say I wanted you too I was saying you might want to ride with me."

"Stop lying to yourself, hon." He says turning to me and wiggling his eyebrows.

I shake my head and get up washing my bowl out and putting it in the dishwasher. I went upstairs and went into my bathroom pulling out my toothbrush and beginning to brush me teeth. Once I was finished I picked up my bag and went downstairs setting my bag down I put on my jacket. Slipping my converse on before picking my bag up again.

"Dallas, are you coming?" I call.

He appears with his leather jacket on and his bag strap was over one shoulder. His hair was sticking up in the front. Man he looks hot. Stop it! I turn and open the door before walking outside. Today I decided I would walk to school. Dallas followed me out.

"Thanks for letting me hang out with you guys yesterday."

"I told you that you needed it."

"I didn't need it. Although I do have to say I enjoyed it."

He smiles at that.

"Thanks anyway." I say pushing my hair out of my face as I look up to see the school in front of us. This is where we go our separate ways. I think feeling a little bit disappointed. If it wouldn't draw a lot of attention I would probably hang with him but it doesn't work that way of course. I turned right, finding Natasha waiting for me. At least I have her. I smile.