Chapter 7

"I can't believe you made me pay for these..." I muttered as I ate a spoonful of the froyo.

Jungkook just let out a soft chuckle and continued eating. We were back at the park, sitting on the swings. I swayed the swing back and forth with my feet as I gazed at the stars. Gazing at the stars, I wondered how my mum was doing.

"You like stars?" Jungkook spoke up.

I nodded in response and smiled a little. "My mum likes them so she got me into it as well,"

"I see..." he nodded and went back to eating.

We finished our yoghurt in silence and started to head back to the school. "I'm going to receive so much punishment points for leaving school grounds..." I whined.

Jungkook just chuckled at my statement and glanced at his watch. "Oh shiz," he muttered under his breath. "We're going to not get back in time,"

"Why? What time is it?" I asked and Jungkook showed me his watch. It read 11:51pm. The dormitory gates closed at 12 and if we weren't back in our rooms by 12, we were screwed. The teachers always checked the rooms right at twelve and if we didn't make it, we were dead.

I got startled when Jungkook grabbed hold of my hand and started running. He was a fast runner so I had trouble catching up with him. Plus, I could feel the pain in my ankle slowly coming back.

"W-wait..." I said and hauled to a stop. "My ankle..." I muttered and put my hand over it.

I could hear Jungkook sigh and the next moment, he squatted in front with his back facing me. "Get on, we're going to be late,"

I opened my mouth to retort back to him. "Don't even think of arguing back. We have to hurry, you're going to slow us down if you don't hop on," Jungkook cut me off.

I sighed as I slowly hopped on Jungkook's back. Instead of wrapping my arms around his neck, I held onto his shoulders.

Which was probably the worst idea ever.

Jungkook started running and I nearly fell off due to the uneasy balance. I immediately wrapped my arms around his neck and hung onto it as if my life depended on it.

"Yah yah yah! Slow down!" I shrieked hysterically at the fast speed he was running.

While running at that fast speed, I could hear him chuckling a little as he maintained his speed. I was so scared that he might fall over or something and buried my head into his back, not wanting to know how fast we were actually going. I could hear his loud panting as he kept running, his heartbeat quickening as he ran. I found myself actually listening to his heartbeat and relaxing a little.

Around five minutes passed by and Jungkook slowed down until he was finally walking in normal pace. I loosened up my arms and looked up and realised we were outside the dormitory buildings. Jungkook halted to a stop while heavily panting and I finally got to my senses and hopped off his back.

"Ha... You're really heavy," he commented.

I knew I wasn't one of those girls who's arms were like sticks but he didn't need to tell me for me to know.

"I'm just joking, let's hurry and go up!" he said and took his phone out. "Try calling Jieun if she'll let you in," he told me as he searched through his contacts. "It's over midnight and the doors are locked so we have to get in through the windows,"

I doubted that Jieun would actually answer my phone calls but I had a go anyways. I unlocked my phone and searched for Jieun's number. When I finally found it, I swiped the bar as it went onto the line. I crossed my fingers and tapped my foot impatiently as I waited for her to answer.