Chapter 22

t h i r d p e r s o n

"W-where am I...?" The little boy mumbled, fear obviously hinted in his eyes. "Where's my mum?"

Eight year old Taehyung looked around in the dark shed, avoiding the eyes of the strange man in black who had brought him here. All the little boy could think of was his mother and twin sister, even his father whom he despised the most. Taehyung whimpered, scared of what could happen to him.

"Shut your mouth up unless you want a beating," the man spoke with authority, grabbing the boy by his hair. "Just stay quiet and follow me,"

Little Taehyung winced in pain and cringed at the stench of the cigarette that was coming off from the old man. "I-I want my mum..."

"Didn't I tell you to shut up!?" The man shouted in frustration, scaring the boy. He found Taehyung's terrified face amusing and clicked his fingers. "Boys, give him a small punishment. Don't kill him though,"

This kidnapping incident was the reason to why Taehyung was traumatised till this day. He spent three months in hospital from recovering, and two years to become his normal self. Still now at the age of 18, even with a small bit of violence on him or a fake made him go back to his traumatised state until Soobin came to calm him down.

k i m t a e h y u n g

As many people call it, Soobin and I are what people call it - sibling goals.

I wouldn't technically call it that since we weren't really on the best terms before the kidnapping incident that occurred when we were 8. Due to father favouring me since birth, Soobin and I were always awkward around each other when we were together alone. And I'm pretty sure she didn't like me.

The kidnapping happened during January, when it was Korea's coldest days. I was wondering in the apartment town playground when I noticed a eerie looking man all dressed in black from afar. And yes, he kidnapped me.

I honestly don't want to get into detail with that, but I'm sure Soobin will tell you what happened.

But the only reason our close relationship grew was due to Soobin's never ending tries of trying to get me to open up after the traumatising event. It actually took two years for her to finally get me back to my normal self and I honestly can't express it in words of how grateful I am of my twin. If it wasn't for her, I'd probably still be an antisocial boy whom hated going out of his room.

I think it was since then when I started to feel what Soobin felt. Like how people say your twin is your other half, I could feel and tell whenever Soobin was sad, happy or angry. She was basically like an open book to me, which is a weakness to her I guess.

Lately Soobin had been upset quite often due to that imbecile named Jeon Jungkook. And this time I wasn't going to forgive him, not after seeing the bruise on my twin's shoulder and back. The day Soobin and I returned from the orphanage, I immediately ran up to Jungkook's dorm room.

"Yah Jeon Jungkook, open the door," I spoke loudly.

I was actually ready to punch the person's face if i hadn't seen Jimin's sleepy face poke outside. "What do you want Kim Taehyung," he mumbled, rubbing his tired eyes.

"Where's Jungkook,"

"Inside," he said. I pushed Jimin out of the way and stormed inside to find Jungkook peacefully sleeping on his bed. "Woah chill Tae, are you alright?"

"No, this bastard hurt Soobin," I pointed to the boy who started stirring in his sleep.

Jimin's puffy eyes widened with a panicked look. "Jungkook hurt Soobin?"

"He bruised her back to the point where I think I should take her to hospital. This bastard doesn't know a thing..." I muttered to myself as I remembered the full story of what happened.

"How the hell did he bruise a girl like that?" Jimin spat out in disbelief.

"Well he didn't know that Soobin always had a weak shoulder," I scoffed.

"Oh no he didn't," Jimin breathed out lowly, his eyes turning darker. I flinched in surprise when he suddenly jumped on top of Jungkook and gave a punch on his nose. "You freaking bastard wake up!"

"What the hell?" Jungkook bolted up whilst holding his nose.

"Why did you hurt Soobin," Jimin glared.

"Or more like, why did you listen to Jieun?" I butted in, pushing Jimin aside to grab Jungkook's collar. "Soobin is in the infirmary right now. Go have a see what you've done, right now,"

And with that, I pushed Jungkook back onto his bed harshly and stormed out of the room.

k i m s o o b i n

I sighed in frustration as I unbuttoned my blouse after checking that no one was inside the infirmary. The pain seemed to have worsened since yesterday and I needed to do something about it. I've always had a weak shoulder ever since father broke it when he swung a goddamn chair at me back in middle school. Even though it was a while ago, my shoulder always seemed to bruise of hurt often and easily since then.

With another sigh, I grabbed a cool patch and ripped it open before trying to place it on the bruise spot.

"Did I do this?"

An icy chill traveled down my spine as I felt someone's breath against the back of my head. I knew who it was, but I didn't dare turn around and instead tried to pull my blouse up fully again to cover up the exposure until a hand stopped my own.

"Let me have a look," he said in a soft tone before trying to look at the bruise on the back of my shoulder.

"Go away Jeon Jungkook," I harshly slapped his hand away. Quickly buttoning my blouse up, I stood up from the stool and headed over to the door to be only stopped by goddamn Jeon Jungkook.

I don't exactly know the reason why, but my eyes started to fill up with moist tears. Lowering my head, I pushed Jungkook away with my hands but the boy caught them in his with ease.

"Kim Soobin," he sighed.

"I told you to go away," I said feebly, trying to pry his hands off.

"Just hear me out for a sec," his grip on me tightened.

"No,"

"Please-"

With all my courage, I looked up at him with my tear-stained eyes, giving him a big shock. Jungkook's grip on me instantly loosed up and I finally got the chance to walk past him and get to the door whilst wiping my eyes. But the moment when I felt his arms wrap around my lower torso from behind, I broke down silently.

"I'm sorry," he whispered. "I really am,"

I bit my lower lip to stop a sob from escaping my lips and lowered my head to see my tears drop onto the tiled floor.

"Apology not accepted,"

-----------------------------
Author's note
Update because it's my birthday~

Sorry it's a little bit rushed oops. I'm currently pulling in an all nighter cuz I dun wanna wake up at 3:30am to go to the airport yolo. I'm gonna be at Melbourne for a week and I don't know if I can update while I'm there but I'll try to..? And just in case I can't update then, MERRY EARLY KRISMAS EVERYONE

P.S, please go have a look at my wattpad dongsaeng's new book LeeTaeYoon andd give her support!!!

221216