Chapter 15

"That's it, I'm taking you to the hospital," Jungkook placed his chopsticks down on the floor next to him.

We were eating cereal for breakfast on the floor the next morning. The pain in my ankle subsided a little but the swelling didn't.

I looked up at him in wide eyes and frantically shook my head in deny. "I can't,"

"What do you mean you can't?" His eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "If your talking about money stuff, just don't worry about it for now,"

"I just can't Jungkook..."

Not when father's men are searching for me right now...

"That excuse wasn't good enough," Jungkook suddenly stood up from his spot and casually walked over to me. And before I could react, he lifted me off the ground in bridal style and started walking towards the door.

"YAH PUT ME DOWN!" I shrieked and started hitting his chest as hard as I could. "I AM NOT LETTING YOU TAKE ME YOU LITTLE BUNNY!"

"Damn that actually hurts..." He muttered under his breath and stared back at me with determination in his eyes all of a sudden. "You know what?"

"What?"

"If you deny going to the hospital once more, I'll kiss you,"

"But-"

Before I could say anything, Jungkook leant in and pecked my cheek, making my heart race and my head even warmer. With wide eyes, I looked at him as if he had done something extremely bad (he technically did). There was a tingling feeling lingering around my cheek and Jungkook gave me no time to calm down about it.

"The next one will be on the lips. Which one do you choose Soobin? My lips or hospital?"

I glared at him, hatred probably evident in my eyes. "I seriously hate you Jeon Jungkook,"

"Don't worry, we share the same feelings," he replied back nonchalantly, a triumphant smirk playing across his lips. "Now hop on my back when I put you down again. I don't want to gain attention whilst carrying you like this all the way to the hospital,"

With that, Jungkook carefully placed me down on the floor and squatted in front of me. I had no choice but to wrap my arms around his neck and let him haul me up. I let my head relax against his shoulder whilst unintentionally inhaling his little scent.

"Damn, heavy as usual," he muttered under his breath and walked out of his house.

I smacked the back of his head and scowled. "Well I'm sorry then,"

"Apology taken," he chuckled and quickened his walking pace.

I just shook my head and was about to lay my head back onto his shoulder when my eyes caught a familiar figure.

Crap.

A few meters away from us, I saw a few of my father's men walking around. I tightened my grip around Jungkook's neck, careful not to choke him. "Yah, is this the only way to go to the hospital?"

"Yeah... Why'd you ask?" Jungkook slightly turned his head to look at me then followed my gaze. "Never seen those men before... Do you know them?"

"Hard to explain that... Let's just say I can't get caught by them," I whispered under my breath.

"Put your hoodie on and cover your face as much as you can," he said and slowed his pace to give me some time.

For once I was glad for Jungkook's smart ass brain. I quickly unlatched my arms around Jungkook and proceeded to put the hood over my head. It was a good thing Jungkook's hoodie was extremely big for me, covering half my face already when I put the hood on.