Chapter 13

"Soobin?"

I looked at the figure who had bumped into me and saw Jungkook.

"What are you doing here?" We asked in unison.

"I was just going grocery shopping and realised I left the door to my house open..." He replied first.

"I thought you had your grandparents?" I asked him.

He pursed his lips together and kept silent for a while. "Answer my question too," he said, extending out a hand to help me up.

"I-I was just- ah crap," I cursed mid sentence when the pressure went onto my injured ankle when he pulled me up.

"What? Are you hurt?" He asked panicky, holding my shoulders and examining me. He crouched down to look at my swollen ankle and cringed. "What the hell happened? Did you like jump off from a window or something?"

Yeah actually I did

"You did?!" He exclaimed. "What the hell were you thinking? Suicide?"

Crap, did I say that out loud?

"A-anyways, I must go now," I stuttered, trying to walk away from him. But the moment I took a step with my other foot, I could feel the blood again from the glass. I winced and grabbed it, making me stand alone with my sprained one. Because of my stupidity, I ended up falling back on my butt again.

"You are one amusing girl," Jungkook commented while looking down at me, his arms crossed over his chest. He let out a sigh and crouched down, his back facing me. "C'mon, I'll carry you back home. Just tell me the directions,"

I bit my lower lip in guilt and slowly wrapped my arms around his neck, letting him wrap his arms around my legs and hoist me up. I wouldn't or couldn't go back to my house or anywhere nearby since father probably called his men already. And since I was being a burden to Jungkook, I decided to lead him to the Sauna. Then I could spend the night there- wait, I didn't have money.

"H-hey..." I trailed along.

"Yeah?" Jungkook turned his head a little to see me.

"I-is it okay for me to stay at your place for tonight?" I hesitantly asked.

Jungkook stayed quiet for a moment but started walking. "I'm guessing you got kicked out of the house for being so dumb, ey?"

I smacked his head with my palm only to realise that it was still bleeding. "Oops, I think I got a little blood on your hair. And no, I escaped,"

"Why escape?" He asked.

I put my head to the side and lay against his back, listening to his calming heartbeat. "I have my reasons," I mumbled.

Jungkook just hummed as an answer and walked in a slow pace. His warmth was comfortable and I soon found myself dozing off.

"Why are you always getting hurt?" He spoke again, his back vibrating slightly.

"Always making me worried..."

I didn't know if I heard it right but those words were the last thing I heard before I fell into a slumber.

***

"Ah!" I shot my eyes open when I felt pressure against my sprained ankle. Sitting up, I saw Jungkook holding my foot, carefully looking at it. Scanning my eyes around, I realised we were in some living room in a small house and I was sitting on the floor, a blanket spread out under me.