Epilogue

10 years later

Effie lay next to Haymitch on the soft grass of the meadow. She heard the soft laughter of her two daughters, Rose, who was now ten, and Anna, who was nearly thirteen. Looking up, she saw them playing a game with their younger brother Thomas, who was 7. It was so peaceful, a welcome change, even 10 years after the end of the rebellion, and the end of the games. Next to Effie sat Katniss, who held a small baby in her arms, keeping a close eye on her two year old daughter, Willow, who eagerly joined in the games the other children were playing, her small little legs struggling to keep up with them.
Effie turned to Haymitch, who was also sitting up now and gave him a quick kiss. She pulled back and smiled.
"I love you Mitch." She whispered sitting close to him.
"I love you too Eff." He said holding her even closer.
"Eww! Mum! Dad! Stop!" Their three children cried in disgust. Effie, Haymitch, Katniss and Peeta just laughed at rifled looks on their faces. "
Thomas ran over to Haymitch and jumped on top of him. Haymitch grunted as Thomas landed with  a thud in his chest, his short, ashen blonde hair falling in his eyes as he leagues hysterically.
"Thomas, you're killing me." Haymitch said out of breath.
"Stop being such a wimp Haymitch, you can't be that weak if you won the games." Said Katniss.
"I'm a lot older now Katniss, I'm not that 15 year old anymore, which means that I'm obviously not as fit as I was?"
"Mum, what do you mean, the games." Rose said curiously.
They all fell silent, and Effie looked down not wanting to say anything. Rose wasn't any part of the rebellion, and Anna only remembered brief parts of it. However Anna had learnt about it at school, but she had no idea that her parents, Katniss or Peeta played any part of them.
"It's a story for another time." Effie replied bluntly.
"But Mum, do you mean the hunger games. Was dad in the hunger games?" Anna asked, confused.
"Yes he was. Come over here, I think it's time to tell you everything." Effie said looking at Haymitch for approval. He nodded solemnly, agreeing that they should tell the children their past. Willow went back to Katniss, she was too young to understand.
"Dad was the victor of the 50th hunger games. It was the year I met him and I was training to be an escort."
"You were an escort Mum? They chose who went in the games." Said Anna.
"I was, but I didn't want to be,  anyway, over the next few years I became an escort, and when I had you Anna, your father and I weren't allowed to be together, so you were taken from me, and your grandparents looked after you for over a year, until the start of the rebellion. The rebellion came after Katniss and Peeta won their games, and after the third quarter quell. We defeated the Capitol and killed President Snow, who made all of this happen. Now we can live without the fear of the games." Effie said sadly.
"Is that why you have nightmares?" Anna asked quietly.
Effie nodded in reply, "But none of you have to worry about nightmares, you are all safe."
However Effie didn't believe that they were as truly safe as they had been before, there had been word of fighting and disagreements among the districts. President Paylor, who was desperately trying to keep the peace, was trying to find a way to reconcile all the districts and prevent another rebellion arising.  Was everything they'd fought so hard for finally falling apart?

So that's it for this book guys! Thanks for reading , I hope you enjoyed it. The sequel will be up shortly and it will be called 'After the Peace'. Hey guys, the sequel is available now.
Xxx