Chapter 20

Haymitch was leant back on his bed with Effie, whose head was in his lap whilst he absentmindedly stroked her hair. She had fallen asleep like this an hour or so back, and Haymitch hadn't of liked to disturb her, especially as she was distressed about the prospect of another child. Not that he could blame her, having Anna was a traumatic experience because she was taken from Effie's arms minutes after she had been born. Haymitch knew that it wouldn't happen again, because by the time this baby was born Snow would most likely be dead and they would've gone back to twelve because the Victors village was left untouched by the bombs that flattened the rest of twelve and it's inhabitants that didn't escape.

The next morning Haymitch woke up to find Effie gone from his lap, and laughing with Anna across the room, who was stood up in her crib.
'Dada!' Anna cried gleefully.
"Morning baby girl.' Haymitch mumbled, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. He looked up at Effie, who was reaching to lift
Anna out of her crib. Walking over to Effie, he wrapped his arms around her waist from behind and rested his head on her shoulder. He turned Effie round to kiss her, but it was soon interrupted by the dissatisfied protests of  Anna who was squished between their affectionate embrace. Pulling apart Haymitch looked at Effie and said, "Are you feeling okay?"
"Yeah, no throwing up so far." She replied. Just then there was a soft knock at the door. Haymitch opened it to reveal a smiling Prim.
"Hey Haymitch, hey Effie, Katniss told me to tell you that you are needed for a meeting in 10 minutes.'
"10 minutes!? What should we do with Anna, we can't keep offloading her onto your parents all the time." He said to  Effiie.
"I can take her." Prim said.
"You sure? You haven't got any training to do today?"
"No, I was excused, there are major meetings on all day. It's the turning point of the rebellion, we need to find out how to get District two on our side."
"Okay then, thanks Prim."
Effie went to the door, but she spoke to Anna first and said, "You are going to spend some time with Prim today, Mummy and Daddy are busy for a while."
"Pwim!" Anna cried, opening her arms towards Prim, who picked her up from the floor where she was walking.
"I'll take her to my room, and you can pick her up later from there once the meeting is finished." Prim said looking at Effie and Haymitch. Prim then went down the corridor holding Anna who was fascinated with playing with Prim's plait.

At the meeting Effie and Haymitch walked in late and faced the disapproving stare Coin.
"Apologies for being late, we had to make arrangements for Anna" Effie said.
"It's fine." said Coin, "However now we must discuss matters of who will go into the Capitol and fight against Snow."
Katniss immediately volunteered, she need to get revenge for 12 and for Peeta and she was the Mockingjay, so it wasn't so much of an option for her.
Coin turned to Effie, a questioning look on her face, as if to ask her if she was going to fight. Effie looked at Haymitch, who shook his head.
"Effie would you like to help us fight, you know the Capitol better than any of us, considering the amount of years you spent there." Coin said.
"I'd love to but I have Anna to look after and, well, I'm pregnant."
"Congratulations, although it is a shame you won't be able to fight, and I'm guessing that Haymitch will want to stay with you?"
Haymitch nodded, but he stated that he will help out from 13.
All around Effie looked at the faces who were staring shocked at her, including Katniss, but Katniss looked genuinely happy for Effie, whose hands had absentmindedly resting on her stomach.