Epilogue

Here's the epilogue. Hope you enjoy the last of this story!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Epilogue

My foot tap-tap-taps on the ground, my impatience heard in the sound. I slide my coat sleeve a few inches up my arm to check my watch for the tenth time in one minute. Standing from my seat on the airport bench, I grab the handle of my suitcase and begin walking in the direction of my flight gate.

"Wait, wait, wait, I'm coming!"

Rolling my eyes, I come to a halt, not bothering to turn around. Instead, I wait for him to catch up to me.
A gloved hand comes to my waist and warm, soft lips press against my cheeks. His shadow of stubble tickles my skin. Despite my anger, I smile.

When he pulls away I look into his eyes--soft blue like my favorite sweater. But to say his eyes are blue is like saying the sun is yellow. Sufficient, yes, but it doesn't capture the burning. "Took you long enough," I tease.

Andrew immediately defends himself. "You know I have to get Subway, babe. It's not my fault the line was long."
"Yes, and I also know that you never buy your girlfriend one, which is probably the reason I get annoyed." I interlace our fingers, continuing my walk to our flight. Our hands swing slightly as we walk, the movement familiar.

It's been a few years now, long enough for Andrew and I to be in our sophomore year at Columbia University. Yes, we're that couple. I thought it would be best to be at the same school to keep an eye on him, since he's finally coming to terms with his grief over the loss of his parents. I've convinced him to see the campus counselor to help him cope with his feelings so he doesn't close up on everyone again. There are days when the grief is clear on his face, even though he tries to hide it from me. He doesn't eat enough, and when I try to start a conversation with him his mind is always somewhere else. On these days I give him his space to think and process and grieve. Most days, though, he's happy and smiling, especially when he gets to call Adam and Karen. Adam's in his senior year of high school, so when Andrew talks to him, he never fails to give him advice on girls, finding the right college, and so much more. It's adorable really, and makes me wish I talked to my brother more. Speaking of John, he and Lindsey eventually worked things out and completely trust each other again. Well, I'd say more than trust since they're getting married in July. I'm hoping the two of them will meet us at Karen's so we'll have the whole family home for the holidays.

Andrew squeezes my hand, snapping me out of my trance. "We should find our seats."

It takes me a minute to realize that we've already boarded the plane to Wilmington. I shake my head once to come back to present time, then follow Andrew to our row of seats. I take the seat by the window as a flight attendant comes around with small cartons of orange juice. Andrew takes two and thanks the woman, then hands one of them to me after taking his own seat. I smile and hold mine out for a toast.

"To Christmas break," I say, but before I can take a sip, Andrew stops me.

"Yes," he says, "but also to happy endings."

My smile widens as I lightly hit my carton against his. What I don't say is that this isn't a happy ending at all, but merely a happy beginning.
-------------------------------------------------------–---------------------------------------
A/N: Howdy baby cupcakes! So I'm really tired and can barely keep my eyes open, so this note will be fairly short, trust me.

So this concludes The One and Only. It's been a great ride folks, and I look forward to see you all, and hopefully more, of you in Playing the Field! Also, as promised, I will do my very best to start updating Unbroken more regularly. Just so you can keep up, I'll make an author's note on THIS STORY when I upload the first chapter the PTF and Unbroken. So DO NOT ARCHIVE this story yet! 'Til next time!

The One and Only,
Cupcake_Queen13
#Andleyforlife