chapter three: Limiter

(Natsu’s POV)

i went inside the guild trying to avoid all the stares and gossips from other members then suddenly Erza approach me with Jellal walking beside her. A huge whack on the head surprised me with a suffocating hug, sometimes I wonder that Lucy and Erza really do make a good team based on Erza whacking me on head and Lucy hugging me tightly. I raised my head earning a warm smile from the blond, a apologizing expression from the blue haired boy and a satisfying smirk from the titania.  

“Hey guys good morning “

The three of them said good morning at once. Then the mood around us become silent until Erza broke it.

“Let’s have a mission together, how about it the four of us?”

Quickly Lucy grabs Erza’s hand with her eyes sparkling with glee; I guess she really missed hanging out with Erza in a mission. Only one question remains to be unsolved “why drag me into it?”After their conversation they went to the mission board to choose a mission leaving me and Jellal behind. Silence engulfed the mood between us we both stare at each other, I was about to break the silence when I was cut off by his sentence.

“Natsu I understand you still don’t trust but please try or else I’m killed if I’m not accepted yet by Erza’s friends”

I sweat drop on the statement he said and just let out a small laugh. Then suddenly his apologetic expression turns into a serious one.

“What is it?” I asked him hesitantly

He turned towards me lets out his hand holding a red watch. I look at the watch with a confused look then to him.

“Take this watch”

“Why?”

“Cause it seems someone needs you to be alive”

he said it with a serious tone then points a finger at Lucy and I let out a big sigh.

“Guess you’re right, by the way what the hell is that thing?” I asked him while raising an eyebrow.

“A limiter a thing that can limit your powers”

 “What are talking about I don’t need that damn watch!”

“I know your secret there’s no need to deny that”

“From Erza I suppose” I said with a sarcastic tone, he shrugged it off

“You’re endanger yet you keep protecting her” he said that while pointing at Lucy

A small chuckle left out of my mouth, I look at him straight with a big grin forming on my face my two emerald orbs sparkling with intensity.

“Cause love conquers all” I said bluntly at him. He just stood there shock at my statement then laughs softly

“You know you’re the idol of every male wizard”

“Why is that?”

“Cause even though you’re endanger yet you still care about protecting your love one”

“I guess I’m like that”

He then hands me the watch

“I’m suppose that you’re going to wear it now”

“Yeah for her and my sake”

I slip on the watch on my wrist and look at it for a while. how can a mere watch conceal a dragon’s power. Still unable to understand it’s worth I was about to ask Jellal something when I was stopped by erza who immediately announce what is our mission.

“Guys we’ll do this mission” she held the paper in front of our faces

“Let me see it erza” jellal took the paper in erza’s hand and read the mission out loud

The poster had a drawing of a face of a monster as Jellal continues to read what we need to do in this mission.

“Kill this monster for 500,000,000 jewels. Client is Arthur Hughes” he read with his face still shocke about the reward money can’t blame him cause I’m shock as well. He turned to look at erza and lucy

“Is this for real?” he shouts out loud

Lucy gave him a small smile while Erza gave him a satisfying smirk

“We’ll see if it’s for real, pack your bags because we’ll go tomorrow”

Erza grabbed Lucy’s hand and went outside I was about to join them when Jellal grabs my hand.

“Don’t take the limiter off your wrist tomorrow your life depends on it”

“Yeah I know no need to say it twice, HAPPY!!!”

“Aye”

We both went outside

“Natsu…”

I looked at happy and smiled at him gently patting his head.

“It’s alright to make sacrifices right for the person you love the most right?”

He then looks at me with his signature grin.

“Yes you’re right!”

“Let’s go home we’ve got to pack our bags for tomorrow”

“Aye”

(Happy’s Pov)

Is it okay for him to conceal his powers on a small limiter?  Still even a limiter can’t control his powers.

(end of chapter 3)