Chapter 8: Awkwardness

Naomi sat up with a start, eyes wide and in a somewhat panicked state of mind. "Mi-Mi? Are you alright?" The sweet, soft voice of Mabel filled her ears, making her sigh, "Yeah Mabel, I'm okay....It was just a bad dream....Where's Ellie?"

"El said she was going down to the river to wash up! And get a drink!" Mabel giggled. It took Naomi a moment to register what the five year old elf was hinting at, but when it clicked, she freaked!

"Ellie can't be going alone!!"
"Why, Mi-Mi, Why not?"
"Bears, Cuckoos, Kargaroks, Creatures!!"

Picking up Mabel, Naomi didn't even bother to clean up their makeshift beds, as she was too worried about her younger sister. She ran, holy goddess Hylia, SHE RAN!!

"Mi-Mi! Slow down!"
"No! Not until we find Ellie!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Selie, are you sure this is necessary?"
"Oh hush, Toba, I'm a woman! I must be clean!"
"Like the castle..?"
"Precisely!!"

The grey haired male grunted. He'd been dragged into washing with Selie again. It wasn't weird, in fact, it happened often, since they were doing so many errands and out of town jobs together, it was.....natural?? Toba didn't even know anymore. The cheif and head maid had headed down to the river to clean up, oh dear...

Selie took her hair out of its tight, neat bun. It fell over her shoulders like golden silk, woven by the silk worms themselves and spun into the precious colour we call gold by the very finest tailor. At least...that's what Toba thought of it.

After stripping, and a very embarrased Toba looking away, she quickly got into the water and covered everything from the neck down in the murky substance, just to give the poor knight some leeway. "Alright Toba! Your turn!" She chimed, giggling and turning her back to give him some well deserved privacy.

Toba followed the same protocol and procedure, jumping in afterwards, but keeping his distance from Selie. With a blush, he managed to grumble something along the lines of, "Tell me why you need to be clean again, Blondie?!"

"Just because I'm traveling with a man, doesn't mean i have to smell like one!"
"HEY!!! SAY THAT TO MY FACE YOU OCD CONFIRMED, PROBLEMATIC PIXIE!!!"
Completely ignoring his insult again, Selie immediately fired back, "Well it's true!! You men STINK!!"

Toba growled, she really pissed him off sometimes. Selie thought the same about Toba some days as well. The knight was about to speak when a loud scream broke their 'heartfelt' argument.

"EWW!!! OH MY GOD!! WHAT ARE YOU TWO DOING HERE AND WHY ARE YOU NAKED TOGETHER!!!"
"SHIT!!!!"
"TOBA!! WATCH YOUR PROFANITIES!!!"

Ellie....Dammit....