Biggest Fear

It's actually really pathetic when you think about how one person can break you. How just one person has enough power to either build you up, or tear you down. I mean, we all think that this isn't true. We all think that we are in control of ourselves, but when you really think about it, once you give someone your trust, you're basically handing all of this 'control' right to them.

It's a scary thought too. To know that they can do whatever they please. They can love you, yes, and they can treat you like you're the only person that matters to them, but they can also make you feel like you're worth absolutely nothing and hurt you so much you have trouble letting someone love you ever again.

And it's hard loving someone but not letting yourself really love them in fear of being hurt again. Like, you can't fully give yourself to them because you know it could possibly happen. You know that they could hurt you, and your not sure if you'd be able to handle it a second time. Hell, you almost didn't survive the first time around.

It also sucks for that one person who really does love you, and doesn't have any means of hurting you in the future. Because by now, your so cautious about letting people in. It's happened so many times, you simply laugh in their face when they declare their love for you. This is you controlling what happens, because you've been fooled once, twice, and even three times, and you sure as hell aren't letting it happen again.

But little did you know, this was your one chance to be happy. And now you've lost the one person who was willing to give you everything you deserved and some, with no intentions of hurting you.

And now the cycle starts again, only this time it's with them, because they gave you all of their trust and you went ahead and threw it in the trash.

Isn't it funny how you can become the very thing you fear the most?

__
Okay but this isn't a poem, and I'm not really sure where it came from?? anyways i hope you enjoyed xx