#5. Memories To Hell And Back

Kylie Johnson-Howell above

"Xavier go faster, he's coming" trying to figure out what was the problem I looked at her puzzled and out of nowhere a car crashed into us and me instinctively throwing my body over hers I got knocked out right away.

Maria's POV

Waking up under a bright light I quickly closed my eyes and groaned, moments later my body started shaking violently as soon as someone walked in all I heard was screams before I went out.

...........................Memories...........................

Walking into my bedroom I threw myself on my  bed remembering my beautiful date with Shane, oh how 'I love him' I thought with a smile etched on my face, stuck in my daydream I didn't hear my dad enter .

' What have I told you about that boy ?" He didn't even have the decency to greet me.

' Oh dad, you won't understand ' With that I got up and walked to the bathroom, I don't want him to turn my mood sour.

'Hey, you're home ' I said happily as he smiled at me
' I couldn't leave you alone. Does your dad know you aren't at school? ' I shock my head.

' Shane please, stop please I promise it won't happen again ' I cried

' You were flirting with him ' he glared at me with his hands around my throat

' I wasn't, he's your friend' I tried to explain to him

' I hate liars Maria ' That got me a kick to the stomach and trashing from him, that day I got my very first fully blown beating from him. After he was done he left and I curled up in bed and cried

' Daddy I'm home! ' I called out as I entered the house

' How was school? ' My step mother greeted me with a smile and asked.

' Good, where's  dad? ' I asked looking around for him

With a sad smile Melissa my stepmom responded ' At work, you know he's never here.' She was the closet thing I had to a mother. I was truly thankful for her but she wasn't my mother and I refused to give her that title.

' Shane can I please talk to you? ' I looked up at him and inquired

'About what? ' He responded as he shot himself up

' I'm sorry, I didn't mean for it to happen ' I tell him with tears in my eyes

' What did you do? ' his eyes snapped up to mine, I can tell that he was already high off the drugs he was just refueling himself .

'I'm pregnant ' with a blank stare he walked out leaving me there all alone when I needed him most.

' How dare a child of mine run off with such a delinquent and get pregnant? ' My father was always awfully calm, it was pretty rare for him to raise his voice at us.

Bowing my head in shame I responded with an
' I'm sorry '

'Abort it ' he replied bitterly

' What? No!' I refused to do so, I held onto my flat stomach as I replied to him

' Then you are no longer my daughter, get out now before I get security here! ' He barked at me
' father please ' I cried, begged and pleaded to him. My father could be the absolute definition of heartless when he truly wants to me.

' You will beg for the rest of your life, leave ' Those were the last words my father said to me as I left the only true home I've ever known

' Why Maria? ' My older brother questioned
' I'm sorry Mars .' I said with a sigh, I'm tired of apologizing

' Mommy I love you ' I lived to hear her say those words

' Kylie I need you to know that I will always love  you. ' She smiled and hugged me that was the thing I loved about being a mother.

' Where the hell have you been ?' Struggling to find words to explain myself Kylie ran and engulfed him in a hug screaming ' daddy '
' How was your day princess? ' he picked her up and questioned her as he prepped kisses all over her face making her giggle

' Good, mommy an I went to her friends house.' She replied with excitement as I trembled in fear behind her

' Did she now... is that friend a guy?' He asked her while looking straight at me, Kylie nodded playing with her father's hair obvious to what was going on around her.

That same day I got a beating because Kylie told him.

She loved her father and believed that he loved her back but she was blinded by her love for him the same way I was.

......................end of memories..............
"One, two, three clear "
I felt my body jerk but I'm up here looking down on my self how is this possible?

"We lost her" The doctor said in shame .

They covered me and left

" No, no,no please don't I'm still here "

I tried to scream but no one heard me.

An entire month past and I have been shouting and, screaming but no one heard  all the doctors did was check on me everyday while I watched my family cry over me even Xavier was awake, little Kylie cried and begged me to come back everyday, I have failed her .

Shane even came. He did this why would he come? Kylie reunited with him and believing everything he said I realized she doesn't need me now she has her father.
Xavier tried to tell everyone what Shane did but no one believes him, only Mona knew the things her brother was capable of but she sat quietly.

For a month I watched on as this happens, what now? 
Mona keeps saying how sorry she was but for what? I don't know why she pleaded with me to come back but I couldn't answer. All I did was scream all day all night but no one heard.
She often said Shane's back and that he wanted us to be together again.

" Come back for Kylie Maria, she needs you" Cathy whispered

I replied but no one heard, every day I sunk into the darkness more and more believing  there was no going back giving up all hope. I failed as a mother, I failed as a daughter, I failed as a sister, I failed as a friend but most of all I failed this world. I'm a failure and would never be able to see my family again.

"Mommy please wake up daddy's back to protect us mommy " I would hear Ky crying I was shouting, screaming replies to her but no one heard, it's my fault she's in such pain.
"Kylie come on your mom's going to be fine, come on" Shane's voice was low, I forgot he could be caring. I badly wanted to scream at her not to go, and to beg Shane not to take my baby away.
" Daddy I don't wanna go please. " I felt her tears and couldn't dry them. What kind of mother lays done and listen to her daughter cry? I badly wanted to take her into my arms but I couldn't. Why? Why does she have to suffer? She doesn't know the things her father is capable of, I don't think he would hurt her and that he loves her but I thought the same thing for me. 

Hearing her screams was the last thing I heard as she begged her father to let her stay, I couldn't help her I vowed to protect her and look at me now I can't even help the ones I loved, I fell and I don't think I'll ever stand again.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Well that was that as we know now Maria has a low self-esteem.

Tell me what you guys think of the chapter give me your input don't be afraid and please don't be a silent reader.

Don't forget to:
Follow
Share
Vote
And comment

twitter @ darskinnedcho02

ig : @darkskinnedchoco

Until next time...