Chapter 11

Chapter 11

“What the Hell are you doing here? I mean I get it. Mess with me at home or somewhere where I can deal with you. But don’t mess with me while I’m in school. My education is more important than whatever drama you want to start!”

Luke looked taken back by my response. He may not have anticipated the way I responded. Not like I care.

I shoved passed him and almost did a victory dance because he did not pursue me farther.   I took a seat in my desk and took out three number two pencil.  

My professor came in and started class I took my last slurps of Coffee before Mr. Forest gave me a hard look I had to throw it away.

Yeah he was strict.

“Well, ladies and gentlemen, we are about to start the exams. Remember that this misterm and if you don’t do well you still have one other exam that could boost or lower your average grade….  With that said I don’t want anyone out of this classroom unless you want a zero. No bathroom breaks or Cellphones going off because you will be asked to leave the classroom”

He handed out the exams and we started.  It’s a good thing that Amore tutors me every day because if not then I would not remember any of this.

 Mainly because of all things that have happened so far. From his niece getting worse to what’s going on between Luke and I.

I was the last one to finish but that’s because I went over everything and reworked it all.

Luke had already finished and was the first one handed in his exam; he looked back at me and grinned. 

Ugh!

He then walked out with all the swagger he could master.

As I was walking to the end of the classroom Mr. Forest said

“Can I talk to you Jane?”

I was the last one out so it was easier to talk to him privately.

“I talked to your mate today”

“Yeah I heard”

“My son was in the hospital, but I had to stay here and do the exams. I told him exactly what you should do when the New Moon comes. I lost my mate before we could Mated but I still have the New Moon problems every year. He knows what to do and will take care of you, I promise.”

“I’m sorry that your son is the hospital. Thanks so much for helping us out. I appreciate it, and will forever be grateful. Now get out of here. You need to go see your son”

As I walked out of the building, I notice my mate was not there. I sat down by the fountain, It was so calm and quiet.

Maybe too quiet.

I looked at my IPhone. Sure enough I had told Amore this morning to be here 30 minutes ago, that if I was not here that he wait because I was probably going to be the last person out.

I needed to get to my next class, but he insisted to drive me to every one of them.

Sorry Amore, I got to get to my Chemistry class…

I got my IPhone out of my bag and unlocked it and texted him “Sorry, love. But since you aren’t here I’ll go to my next class.”

I walked by the same Starbucks Amore got our Coffee from last time and order another one. I was exhausted. I had not slept at all last night, just thinking about all the stuff that has been going on.

“That will be 5 dollars and 35 cents, for the Cappuccino and Vanilla Ice Coffee, miss” Said the freshman, retrieving me out of my thoughts.

I handed her out my Mate’s Black credit card. (Even though he said’s that what’s his is mine…)

“Here you go thanks!” I said.

I walked out of Starbucks and started walking towards the other side of the campus. I put in my favorite earplugs in my IPhone and put them in my ears. Unlocked my Phone and Put in ‘Can’t Hold Us’ by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis!

I started singing to it.

“Can we go back, this is the moment

Tonight is the night, we’ll fight till it’s over

So we put our hands up like the ceiling can’t hold us

Like the ceiling can’t hold us

Like the ceiling can’t hold us!

Now can I kick it, thank you

Yeah I’m so damn grateful

I grew up, really wanted gold fronts

But that’s what you get when Wu-Tang raised you

Y’all can’t stop me”

A rough had stop me from walking and stopped my rapping.  

I looked up and pulled my earplugs out of my ears.

“What a pretty voice, I do hope our kids inherit it”

I finally looked at the person who said it…Luke.

The guy behind me looked tough and mean.  There were 5 of them.

Damn.

******

CR