18

xviii. Together?

Daehyun's POV

"Stephanie?"

"You remember me" She said in full Korean with a wide smile. "You learned Korean?" I asked.

"Yeah. For you. All these years I've been learning Korean so I can talk to you. All these years I've been looking for you. Now I found you" She said as she neared me. I froze at the spot. "So..uhmm what happened?" I asked awkwardly. "I had some issues so I lost everything, including you. But my love for you is still with me" She said again.

My heart beated faster at her sudden confession. I've prayed for nights like this to not happen. I just stayed quite. The atmosphere was awkward after she said that.

"Oppa-"

"Don't call me that...please"

"You lost your love for me did you?" She asked sadly.

"I'm in a group now, I can't date you" I lied. I don't want her to know about me and Youngjae. "It just won't work. I need to leave. I'm sorry" I started to walk away but she was fast enough to stop me. "You didn't answer my question-"

I let out a breathe.

"You lost your love for me did you?"

"..I..don't know" I mumbled the first part but I made the last audible for her to hear.

"No?" She asked in disbelief.

"I said I don't know"

Damn it Daehyun.

Why can't you just say it?

"Then I'll make you fall for me. We can start all over again" She said as she held my arm. "I'm in a group. I just can't simply date you"

Shut up.

"We can try. We'll keep it a secret. Don't you think its a waste of our love for each other?"

"..Yeah"

Stupid.

She smiled.

"We'll start all over again. Hi-" She held out her right hand.

"My name is Stephanie Edwards"

I held out mine, and shook her hand.

Just stop.

"My name is Jung Daehyun"

"You're very handsome"

"You're very pretty"

Stop lying.

"Can I date you?"

Tell her the truth.

"Sure"

You ruined him.

___________

We were now at the airport to go to our next country. After my meeting with Stephanie, we exchanged numbers and we would chat in our social media accounts. It will be her who starts the conversation, I'll just reply things like 'okay' 'sure' 'mhm' or just send emoticons.

My phone beeped indicating that I received a message.

Stephanie : Oppa~~ where are you going now?

Daehyun : Australia

Stephanie : Wuuu. Have fun there!

Daehyun : Yeah

Stephanie : Oppa, when will you go back to Korea?