chapter 1- the book

Chapter 1 “ the book”
I couldn't sleep.

The fact that I'm going to be married to Victor,I can still tolerate it,I could just look at Chris from afar, at least I'm still with him, and now he is going to leave me behind. That what scares me the most!

I tried to close my eyes and think of a way to get out of here, while I still have time,I might catch up with the cartridge where Chris is riding, they should have left by now. While I was thinking,I heard a familiar voice calling my nickname that Chris is the only person who knew that.

“Lulu! Lulu!”

As i open my eyes, Chris is inside my room

“Chris?! I thought you already left?”

I stood up,and reached out my hand to him, and I hugged him. I will never get tired of his scent, his messy hair, his face full of dirt, clothes full of patches and holes, yet his face and his heart is far different from those things, he is perfect for me.

“I’m going to take you with me! I can’t let other men take you away, I’m going to take you away from here and I’m going to marry you”

He held my hand and pulled me outside my window.

“Wait! What about my father? If he found out that you took me away, he might do something to you!”

“He can never hurt me! Trust me!”

As i step out the window, i saw Victor standing outside.

“Where do you think you’re taking her?”

“GET OUT OF MY WAY VICTOR! SHE WILL NEVER BE YOUR BRIDE! SHE’S MINE!”

“What made you think that? Your status is way low, you will just starve her to death! She will die if he married you! compared to you i’m already a count at the age of 14! And i’m turning 21 this year and i might be able to be a duke by that time. Compared to you! Now if you’ll excuse me, i’m going to need her back!”

Then Victor pulled me from Chris’s Hand, but Chris held my other arm

“I will never let you get her! Especially to a person like you Victor!”

“Chris...”

"Let's go now Lulu!"

He pulled me away from Victor,then I noticed that he suddenly stopped, as I look into his direction,I saw my father and the gardener with some guards behind them.

"Father....."

The gardener stepped forward and took Chris out of my hand.

"She can't come you should know that, Chris." The gardener said to him with a very sad expression.

My father looked at me in the eyes, I looked at him with begging eyes.

"Guards, take the gardener and the boy on the carriage."

"Yes sir!"

Then Victor weren't beside me and pulled me closer to him, and Chris saw what he just did, he ran towards Victor, but the guards caught him and drag him outside the gate.

I tried to go after him but my father stopped me.

“Chris!!!”

I went after him but my father yelled at me.

"Don't you dare move from that spot young lady! If you go after him, I’m going to disown you as my daughter”

I still went after him. I don’t care if i’m being disowned in my family, i don’t care if he is poor! I just can’t survive without him, if he is gone, i have no reason to live!