Chpt 13

Danny's P.O.V.

I woke up in Nat's bed. I stretched. I went to reach for her. Only to find a empty space. I stood up.

'Maybe she's already awake? She wakes up early.' I thought.

I walked to the kitchen. The team ate breakfast.

"Hey have you seen Nat?" I asked.

"No." Beth answered. Where is she?

"Why is she missing?" Chris asked. FoxBird and Catbug's heads poked up.

"Yeah. Where could she be." I murmured. "I'll look around."

---

I searched the base everywhere.

"Nat! Nat!" I called. I looked outside. Rain still poured. Lightning flashed. "Oh no..." I raced down the hall. I grabbed my rain coat and pulled it on. I ran outside. "Nat!" The rest came out.

"What the heck are you doing Danny!" Beth yelled over the howling wind.

"It's pouring!" Wallow added. A scream was carried through the wind. It was Nat,

"Was that-?" Chris began.

"Nat!" I called. I ran through trees and followed her screams.

---

Nat's P.O.V.

I laid on the ground. I was cold and wet. I couldn't move. Dark shadows flew around above me murmuring things I couldn't understand. My mouth was gaping open with purple mist seeming out. Occasionally a shadow would brush against me sending pain through me causing me to scream. I heard feet running towards me. I strained my eyes to look. Danny, Beth, Chris, and Wallow stood there breathlessly wearing their pj's. Luckily these had stickers. A shadow brushed against me. I screamed in pain.

"Nat!" They yelled. The team ran at me. Only to be knocked back by shadows. I wanted to help so badly but I couldn't move at all. They slashed at the shadows. Multiple shadows brushed against me in anger. I screamed in agonizing pain.

"Nat we're coming!" Chris yelled as he slashed a shadow. The shadows gathered and turned into one large shadow.

"What the floop!" Wallow groaned. The shape shifted around. The shadows took shape of us. The shadow that looked like me loomed over me and smiled crookedly. My shadow gestures towards the actual team with a wide hand motion. The shadow team ran at the team. Each fighting themselves.

"They know our weaknesses!" Beth cried.

"They are us!" Chris added as he fought his shadow self. My shadow self stood over me and watched. She stepped on my chest. I screamed in pain. More purple must poured out.

"Nat!" Danny yelled then knocked to the ground. Danny tackled the shadow of him to the ground. My shadow self walked over and lifted the spear to Danny's back. I forced my self to stand.

"No!" I cried. I drew my wolf spear and fought the shadow me. The shadow me kicked me down. I couldn't stand. Wallow killed his shadow self. Wallow assisted Chris then.

---

Danny's POV

I was fighting myself to protect Nat. Chris killed Beth's shadow after killing his shadow. I stabbed my shadow in the chest. We circled around Nat's shadow.

"You can't kill me!" Nat's shadow cackled. Nat laid on the ground breathing staggered breaths. Beth lashed her cat o' nine at the shadow. The shadow leaped into the hair. Wallow cut it's leg. The shadow wailed in pain. Purple must oozed from the wound. It was Nat's purple mist. I had to close her mouth some how. I leaped towards Nat. I was grabbed. The shadow pinned me down. The team was blocked off.

"Get off!" I yelled and thrashed.

"Why would you want her when you could have me." The shadow hissed. Suddenly. I was in a dim lit room with Nat who wore a see through night gown and laid on a bed. "I can give you so much more."

"No." I growled. The shadow came up to me and grabbed my shoulders and kissed me hard. I pushed the shadow away. The scenery faded. The real Nat laid on the ground breathing harder.

"How dare you!" The shadow bellowed. Nat seemed weaker. The kiss made her weak. If I kiss her. I could kill the shadow. I grabbed Nat. Her skin boiled on my skin. I kissed Nat hard.

--

Nat's POV

Danny kissed me hard. I tried to kiss him back. But I really couldn't.

"No! Stop!" My shadow screamed. She claws at herself. "Stop!" Danny kissed me harder. The shadow screamed. The shadow's head inflated then exploded. Danny pulled away. I gasped for air.

"Danny." I whispered. I reached for him. My head spun. Darkness filled my vision.