Chpt 5

I stretched as I woke up. Catbug slept happily on my bed. I patted his head. I could hear foot steps shuffling about. I walked out of my room and walked to the kitchen. Beth ate cereal with coffee, Danny ate eggs, Chris ate toast, and Wallow had tea, they all wore pj's.

"'Mornin." I yawned. I walked to the beverage options. I picked hot cocoa.

"Good morning Nat." Beth yawned as she sipped her coffee tiredly. I sipped my hot cocoa carefully. Everyone left the kitchen leaving me alone. I was hungry. I pulled out a pan and found pancake mix. I put the pan on the stove and began to cook the pancakes. Soon, sweet smell wafted through the air.

"Do I smell pancakes!" Danny's voice yelled down from the hall. I heard him come running down the hall. Danny lurched to a stop in the kitchen "Oh whoa! You're making pancakes!"

"Yeah. Do you want one after I make mine?" I asked.

"Well, I dunno I just came running down the hall following the smell of pancakes for no reason." Danny replied sarcastically. I laughed a little. I made our pancakes and poured the golden syrup over top. I handed a plate to Danny and I sat from across from him eating my pancakes.

"Are they good?" I asked.

"Holy crap. These are the best pancakes I've ever eaten." Danny awed.

"Thanks!" I smiled. Chris walked in.

"Hold up. You guys are eating pancakes... Without me?" Chris questioned.

"Yes. Are you JEEEEEALOOOOOUUSEEE???" Danny teased raising the plate in the air.

"Who made pancakes and didn't tell me!" Chris demanded.

"It was all Nat!" Danny blamed.

"Hey what now! I was just gonna eat my pancake peacefully when Danny came in and was all like 'Grrr... I'm a boy! Give me pancakes!'" I imitated Danny in a very low and deep voice.

"Hey! I don't sound like that!" Danny protested.

"Who says you don't?" I teased poking my tongue out.

"Nat. Make me pancakes STAT!" Chris demanded while banging the table.

"What's the magic word?" I questioned.

"Please?" Chris replied.

"No, it's fluffy uniawizard. But close enough." I nodded. I walked to the stove and started to cook. Catbug walked in.

"Can I have a pancake?" Catbug asked.

"Sure!" I replied happily. I served Chris his pancakes. Chris sat down and stuffed the pancake in his mouth then dropped his fork.

"Nat. These are the best pancakes I've ever tasted." Chris commented with his mouth full.

"YO! ANYONE WHO WANTS PANCAKES COME GETTEM BEFORE I EAT THEM ALL!" I yelled out.

"No Nat! You will not eat all the pancakes. I WILL!" Danny challenged. I turned around and put my hand on my hip.

"Oh no! You did not go there Danny! You better not of just gone there!" I replied.

"Oh yes I did!" Danny stood and pointed at me.

"Is that a challenge?" I questioned.

"Whoa, it's too early for any challenges you two. Let's eat first." Wallow suggested as he walked in with Beth. I made about twenty more and put them in the middle.

"Wow Nat! These are really good!" Beth complimented.

"Yeah. I must agree with Beth." Wallow nodded.

"Is there gonna be a pancake battle or what?" Chris asked.

"Oh yes there shall!" I yelled out.

"I'll beat you for sure Nat!" Danny challenged.

"Who ever eats the most pancakes without puking wins." I decided.

"What are the stakes?" Danny asked.

"Can Beth, Wallow, and I choose?" Chris asked.

"Sure why not?" I replied. The three huddled up and murmured to each other. They all nodded then split.

"So?" I asked.

"What is it?" Danny added.

"The looser becomes the winner's servant for the rest of the day." Beth informed.

"I'm gonna win for sure!" Danny challenged.

"Oh you're on!" I yelled.

"Who'll count?" Wallow asked.

"Beth can count Nat. I'll count Danny. Wallow will see who pukes first." Chris suggested.

"Ok! Let's start!" I urged. I picked up my fork so did Danny.

"On your marks... Get set... Go!" Catbug cheered.

---

I stuffed a pancake in my mouth and ate it fast but thoroughly. I swallowed fast and ate one after another. The plate of twenty pancakes was half way through. I felt my stomach gurgle but, I kept eating. Danny ate fast. I tried to keep up. I felt the acid in my stomach coming up. I ate more and tried to swallow it down. I couldn't eat any more. The vomit came to my throat with an acidic feeling. My cheeks puffed out. I held my lips and sprinted for the bathroom. I heard feet running to the bathroom as I gagged and choked on the puke coming out at the toilet. Hot tears streamed my face. I felt a hand on my back as I coughed the vomit out. The hot tears poured out. I spat the rest out and moved away from the toilet. I took deep breaths.

"Are you ok Nat?" Danny asked. He was holding my back as I puked.

"Uhm... Yeah. Just ate too much I guess...." I replied. Danny helped me up.

"Hang on you have a little vomit on your chin." Danny informed. He gently wiped my chin with his thumb.

"Uhm.... Thanks..." I whispered. I met his gaze. Our eyes locked. Neither of us looked away. I felt my face heat up. I blinked twice and lowered my eyes. "I-I'm gonna clean up." I moved to the sink. I splashed water in my face then brushed my teeth and spat out the toothpaste.

"Nat. You don't have to do the bet." Danny insisted.

"No. A deals a deal. It's fine!" I informed. I heard Beth, Wallow, and Chris whispering behind us. A suspicious feeling inside. And it wasn't another vomit.