Chpt 19: Danny POV

A/N: ok so here is a chapter through Danny's eyes instead of Nat! Idea from @JessicaHaws thanks for the idea!!! <3 babykittenfuz

---

I walked through a dark forest. I could see my breath in the cold air. I hugged my red sweater closer to me to stay warm. I heard faint words. But I couldn't hear what they said.

"H-Hello?" I called. I saw movement through the trees. I started to quicken my pace. I thought to myself 'Where is everyone?' A huge shadow landed appeared in front of me. I screamed and ran the other way. More shadows came. I had no where to go. The shadows attacked me.

---

I woke up startled in my room. I quickly flipped on the lights. I hugged my knees to my chest.

'Alright Danny. It was dream calm down.' I assured in my head.

I stood up and left my room. I tip toed down the hall. I kept looking when I felt like something was watching. I finally found Nat's room. I opened the door. Nat peacefully slept in her bed. I tip toed in. I walked over to her. I shoved her shoulder.

"Nat? Hey Nat?" I whispered. Nat didn't budge. I bent over and blew into her ear. Nat jumped and hit me in the face. I covered my face and hit my head to the bed.

"Ow! My cheek meat!" I cursed.

"Danny! What the floop!" Nat hissed. I felt my cheek throb from her hand hitting me so hard. "Don't scare me like that."

"Sorry..." I apologized.

"What's wrong? Why are you in here?" Nat asked suspiciously. I sighed and sat down next to her.

"I had a bad dream." I admitted quietly. Nat smiled.

"It's ok. what happened?" She asked.

"The shadows attacked me." I informed. Nat stared at her hands. I could faintly make out her face from the night light near her bead. Nat's face seemed to scream worry and fear.

"I'm sorry. it's probably my fault. The shadows are after you now too. Huh?" Nat whispered. I sighed.

"I guess." I replied. I turned on the bed side lamp. Nat gasped at my cheek where I was hit.

"I'm sorry!" Nat apologized.

"It's fine." I assured. Nat hugged me then kissed my cheek.

"There. It should be better now." She whispered. I laughed a little.

"C-Can I sleep in here tonight..." I asked slightly embarrassed. Nat giggled and looked at me.

"Of coarse you can." Nat smiled. We laid down side by side. Nat turned over on her side and I closed my eyes and listened to her breathe. Nat's breathing slowed. I turned the other way and fell asleep.

---

I woke up and saw Nat sitting up and staring at the wall.

"Hi Nat." I yawned. Nat turned fast looking almost startled then eased.

"Oh. Morning Danny." Nat smiled.

"Are you ok?" I asked.

"Yeah... Just thinking." Nat assured. She stood and stretched.

"Did you eat already." I asked. Nat shook her head.

"No. I was waiting for you." Nat informed.

"Than let's go and get something to eat." I suggested. Nat nodded stiffly. We left her room. Nat seemed distant her normally warm eyes seemed cold. I felt something cold on my neck. I turned fast.

Nat stopped a little a head of me. I saw nothing behind me. The coldness was gone. I turned and saw Nat turned away from me, staring blankly her curly brown hair was loose on her back and shoulders. I reached and took a lock of her soft brown hair. Nat turned fast. Her eyes had very dim dark circles and shook in fear.

"Nat are you ok?" I asked worriedly. I held her hand tightly.

"The girl." Nat whispered.

"What about her?" I asked. Nat looked down.

"She said the madness would over come me... I would go insane. Because of the shadows." Nat informed quietly. "The only thing I recall from my past is always seeing shadows and how they slowly driving me insane. Then when my memory was wiped. So was the insanity."

"So you used to be insane?" I asked. I felt fear grow in my stomach. Nat looked up at me. Her eyes weren't the same.

"Yes. And I'm slowly going insane again. I'm worried... What if your parents take my memory again." Nat's lips quivered. "I don't want to loose you. Or the team." A shadow crept from the corner of my eye. I hugged Nat tight.

"Don't worry I won't let that happen." I assured. Nat cried into my chest. I felt pin pricks on my arms but I ignored the small pricks. I just needed to protect Nat.