4. Goodnight Scott.

Those past few days passed by surprisingly fast, and before I know it, it's the day Kirstie was born, and we are having a party. Also, Mitch has confirmed he's coming, talk about anxiety.

I spend this afternoon wrapping Kirstie's gift. I already bought her gift weeks ago, but I wasn't sure I should wrap it myself. My mom has always told me my wrapping skills were not the best, but this is my best friend, and I know her too well to know she loves a personal touch.

After 20 minutes of wrestling and struggling and lots of thinking, I finish wrapping Kirstie's gift. It is a cute little box filled with some of her favourite stuff. That includes, her favourite body lotions and sprays from Victoria Secret, her favourite bath bombs from lush, and a cute candle from bath and body works that smells like home. I add a cute little birthday card with puppies faces on it, my best friend LOVES puppies! She has one with her boyfriend Jeremy named Olaf, he's the most adorable thing ever.

I text Kirstie letting her know I'll be around at 5 pm, so I can help a bit with food and all. I tell her not to order more cupcakes because I was planning on buying some on my way.

As I lay on the couch, I find my brain drifting to Mitch, I can't figure if I'm more excited to see him or scared. What am I going to say if we sit close and we are forced to talk to each other? what if we are locked on the same room together, how is that gonna work? is he going to smile at me and pretend nothing has happened?

Honestly, I didn't know what to expect, and apparently wrapping gifts is an exhausting task because the next thing I know is that I'm losing connection with reality as I relax my head and dream soundly.

2 hours later I flatter my eyes open, I shoot up quickly afraid that I'm too late. I grab for my phone to check the time, it is 5:25, damn it. I run to shower, change to my outfit for the night, and text Kirstie that I'm on my way before heading there.

I knock on the door and a smily face greets me, I hug Jeremy and let him go after a while to run to Kirstie, hugging her tight and apologizing for being late. Jeremy took care of the cupcakes and the wine I brought, while I sat down on the kitchen table, after kissing Kirstie's cheek and giving her her birthday box, that looks impressively genius.

I stay in the kitchen keeping Kirstie company, and trying not to annoy her with too many questions. I love a good party, everyone is well aware of that, but is this party going to be good? I guess we shall wait and see.

few hours later and few more friends, the kitchen is packed, so I make my way to the living room sitting myself comfortably. I exchange smiles with one of Kirstie's friends before she moves closer to me.

"Hi, I'm Gen. I don't think we've officially met, I go to Kirstie's yoga class"

I take her hand, as I smile wider, she seems nice and genuine.

"I'm Scott, Kirstie's best friend. Nice to meet you"

"Nice to meet you too Scott, I hear about you all the time"

I scratch the back of my head awkwardly, embarrassed of what could have been some of the things Kirstie said about me, but she goes to continue.
"Oh, it's a good thing by the way, don't worry, she loves you way too much ... So, who are you most excited to see tonight, Scott?"

"Definitely not my ex" I
I add a sarcastic laugh, and shake my head, not actively getting the thought out of it.

"Oh, is he coming?"
She asks with an O expression written on her face.

"Yeah, Kirstie ran into him and invited him. We all used to be good friends, but we didn't break up on good terms I guess, and I met him recently. He made sure to let me know he wants nothing to do with me"